CrazyBoards.org

Okays, I don't really know how to describe this well. And I'm not sure if this is something weird to me, or everyone can do it.

It feels like I'm kind of sending a shiver up my spine, but it's not a shiver. It feels like I'm releasing adrenaline or something, which doesn't make sense, because I didn't think that was possible to do voluntarily. But it feels like you're doing something exciting, like going on a fun ride, that isn't scary. And it doesn't seem to make my heart beat any faster. So, it's more like getting excited, but I can do that feeling voluntarily, when I feel like doing it.

It's not like I'm complaining about it, because it feels really good, unless I do it too much, I get anxious. I just want to know what the hell it is, and is it normal?

---EDIT----

Grrr, I am determined to find out what this is!

I have talked to my pdoc about it. He has no clue. It's hard, because describing it is hard. He kind of just shrugged it off, but with a 'oh, that's interesting' type thing.

More description: I've been able to do this since I can remember. While doing it, it kind of feels like butterflies in your tummy too. The best way for me to do it, is lie on my back, and stick my arms into the air, like I am going to zap out electricity from my hands. The 'energy' seems to build up over time, though I can only go for a short period of time, for some reason I have to stop. Towards the end, I also start to shake from it.

I also now associate this with the feeling of fun-falling. Like when you go on a roller coaster. Except it's 'forced'. I get the same feeling, but when falling like that, it feels more passive, I don't start shaking, or anything.

I even took a video of me doing it. Excuse my PJs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iinJ-a2mTu0

I have no idea if this is similar, but I find that I can voluntarily make myself "shiver" and its almost like an electric chock feeling in my body except milder. Its mostly in my spine too.

It does feel very similar to what you're describing. Weird. I thought I was the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

When I am overwhelmed with stimuli (like too many people bugging me at once at work), I get a tingly, numbness in my head.

It's like my brain is saying "sensory overload!!!". 

This is only since I have been on Effexor.

Not exactly what you get, but just as weird I think.

• 3 months later...

I have no idea if this is similar, but I find that I can voluntarily make myself "shiver" and its almost like an electric chock feeling in my body except milder. Its mostly in my spine too.

It does feel very similar to what you're describing. Weird. I thought I was the only one.

Yes! I'd really like to know what this is. And yeah, it does feel like electricity (I don't know what actual electricity feels like, but the description just seems to really fit)

Archived