Hey I have essential tremor, depression, PTSD,  GAD and social phobia.

Right now I removed buspar and and reduced my zoloft to 75mg.  I feel better as a result.  I still take a low dose of ativan.

I think what bothers me the most is I shake.  I've heard Lyrica is used for essential tremor in some cases.  Anyone take Lyrica for essential tremor.  It was suggested to me as an anxiety med but the emergency doc at the time was worried it would make me too drowsy.

My family doc might not want to prescribe it.  My psychiatrist is pretty uncreative and thinks I should just take ADs and benzos.  I am waiting on a second opinion in February 2018, plus a meeting with a neurologist in March.

From http://www.webmd.com/brain/essential-tremor-basics#2-7

How Is Essential Tremor Treated?

Mild essential tremor may not require treatment. However, if ET interferes with your ability to function or if you find it socially unacceptable, there are treatments that may improve symptoms. Treatments may include medications or surgery.

• Medications: Oral drugs can significantly reduce the severity of essential tremor. Medications include Inderal, Mysoline, Neurontin,and Topamax Other drug options include the tranquilizers Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, and Xanax. Botox injections may also be a treatment option. This treatment has been effective for vocal and head tremors.
  • Surgery: Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a surgical treatment option for people with severe tremor despite medical therapy. DBS involves surgical implantation of electrical leads into the thalamus. This is an area deep within the brain that coordinates muscle control that is thought to be affected in ET.
  • Focused High Intensity Ultrasound: Neuravive uses magnetic resonance images (MRI) to focus ultrasound to destroy tissue in the thalamus. Patients are awake and responsive during the entire treatment.

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

Inderal? 

I'm honestly not sure on the lyrica 

Can't take.  Blood pressure is already on the low side and interestly when the effects of Inderal wear off, I get a migraine.  I'm a mutant.

5 hours ago, Iceberg said:

I guess as mentioned above you could try a really low dose benzo

Sorry if ur on one can't see ur sig 

Doing that at the moment.  I am on a wait list for a neurologist and a second opinion with a very thorough psych (first appointment is 1.5 to 3 hrs) My family doc is terribly anti-benzo. But I seem able to tolerate .5mg of Ativan, and I've got 4 refills.  Going to see current pdoc about the Lyrica suggestion this week.

Beta blockers and Mysoline (primidone) are the two 1st line meds. Primidone is an older AED. It is a structural analog of phenobarbital. It is classified as a barbiturate. It is enzyme inducing and has a lot of interactions. It is still used for seizures in some countries and here as a 3d line med for seizures.  Neurontin and Topamax would be better options.

• Like 1