CrazyBoards.org

Who can read perscriptions?

Ugh. I got my meds refilled, and then the next day the doc upped the dose. So the pharmacy of course won't give me more meds, but that means I don't get the instructions printed out in any language humans understand, I kinda know how I'm supposed to take them, but I'm a little shadey, so I wanted to make sure.

So I got a little horizontal line with a dot above and a dot below. And then 1/2 tab po 9Am

This is for 200mg tablets of provigial if it matters/your curious.

Thanks!

Definately check with your pdoc to be sure what to take.

I believe the dot line dot = 1

PO = by mouth

so it would be to take half a tablet by mouth every morning at 9am

so its 100 mg each day if the tabs are 200 . ( get a pill cutter at the drug store cheap and easy)

But again- check with the pdoc before you take anything!!

So I got a little horizontal line with a dot above and a dot below. And then 1/2 tab po 9Am

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I don't know what the line/dot thing is. I haven't seen that.

PO is orally.

But I am not sure if I understand your post.

Your doctor gave this to you as a note?

Or this is the second script you tried to give to the pharmacy?

My suggestion is to call pharmacy or doctor if you are unclear on the instructions.  Better to do that than take the wrong dosage.

~navy~

Hmm, that can't be right because I -was- taking 200 in the morning already, and he raised it not lowered it.

So if dot line = 1 [kinda what i figured] then is it one -and- a half? That's kinda what I've been figureing so far. I'm calling my doc later [they're out to lunch right now] any way because i ran out of something else so I'll ask, but I'm pretty sure at this point then that it's 300 in the morning.

Thing is, I'm also supposed to take some in the afternoon. That dosn't appear to be on the script though... so yeah I guess I'll really have to ask.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I don't know what the line/dot thing is. I haven't seen that.

PO is orally.

But I am not sure if I understand your post.

Your doctor gave this to you as a note?

Or this is the second script you tried to give to the pharmacy?

My suggestion is to call pharmacy or doctor if you are unclear on the instructions.

If you have any doubt about how to take the med, ask your doctor! Even if you have to call just to ask!

The instructions on pharmacy labels is only as accurate as what your pdoc wrote down, and that may not be as detailed as what you were told. For example, it might not say to take it at 9:00AM.

Always ask your doctor!

Fiona

Heya Adnama,

That's weird.

That's what *we* (docs, not nutjobs) write on a sctip for the pharmacist.

They put in English for us (nutjobs).

If I wrote that, I would mean one and a half tabs by mouth in the morning.

Half a tab would be 1/2 dot line dot.

But please check with your doc, b/c who the hell knows what he meant.

Dammit, Adnama, I'm a doctor, not a pharmacist!  ;)

--ncc--

yeah, a T means one of whatever you're prescribing, (tablet/capsule/sachet/enema - i'm  not kidding).

plus you add a dot above as an insurance policy.

A T with two lines on the downstroke has two dots above, and so on and so forth to mean two tabs/whatevers.

sometimes we write PO as an o with one or two dots above it, like an umlaut.

i would get my arse kicked by the hospital pharmacy if i dared to write such an incomprehensible script.

Archived