CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
StormBeforeCalm

Advice on forms of Prozac/fluoxetine

I've taken fluoxetine in capsule form since 2010. Recently I found out I'm hypersensitive/chronically allergic to gelatin, so I switched to a tablet form of fluoxetine. Unfortunately, it makes me sick to my stomach for hours, sometimes to the point where I think I'm going to vomit, and it doesn't matter whether I take it with a lot of food and water or not. Two weeks ago I switched back to the gelatin form, and my stomach is much better but the gelatin is causing chronic pain in my tongue, teeth, jaws, etc. I know there are other forms of fluoxetine: syrup and solution. I assume they'd bother my stomach just like the tablets have. I assume I'm screwed. Have you tried a non-capsule form of fluoxetine/Prozac and, if so, how did you do on it? I would ask my pdoc for advice, but she just quit her practice and I don't have a new pdoc.

It's really a stretch, but if you have problems with the liquid and syrup as well it might be possible to transfer the contents from gelatin capsules to vegan ones. Hopefully one of the other forms works for you, though