CrazyBoards.org

please tell me the advantages of

~nestling~

I am so  ;) with those new chip and pin machines that are designed for tall people..... :)   :P   :ninja: and when I can't  :ninja: reach it makes me feel  :angry: small. And I don't need that. Like  :D I don't need that right now. I've had enough  :) in my life for not being tall.....

So, please, before I wear out the  :ninja: smiley...can we get a list of the advantages of being 5 foot tall?????....please.....?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what grouse said. I'm short too, and being short as a guy (Which here is anything under 5'10 or so) automatically kills you with most women. Even the ones that aren't tall themselves.

Anyway. Good things.

You can fit in a compact cars without scrunching or banging your head.

Always enough leg room.

You can stretch out on a couch.

Less distance to pull doing pullups or push doing pushups.

Low center of gravity, so you're less likely to fall over in an earthquake?

Um. that's about the best I can do.

thanks ;)

a chip and pin machine is what they have in UK everywhere now for using debit and credit cards, instead of signing a receipt you have to type in your pin number, like in an ATM machine or suchlike. cards have a micro chip in them to enable this.

I can buy trousers or skirts that are meant to be short, but are the *right length* on me.

I just need to learn to sew better....

I am short, too! (It says 5'0 on my driver's license, but that's maybe a half-inch exaggeration.)

In some ways, I love it.  I would not want to be tall.  I would LOVE to have another 3 inches, which would put me at a WHOPPING 5'2- my pants wouldn't drag on the ground, my boobs wouldn't look quite as obscene, I'd be able to reach the floor when I sit on the bus.  But I kind of love it, too- it's fun being small.  I am NOT thin, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm still kind of a pocket-sized person, because of my height.  I think it makes me quirky.

Plus, you're like, instantly cute.  Which sucks if you want to be drop-dead gorgeous or smoldering or something, but... cute is good.  I like cute.

*shrug*

Lessee, grouse-man, seldarin, rabbit, becca, me...we're all short, so that automatically makes you a member of a really cool group of people.

Come, my child, come to Japan, where you would be average height, and everything--from cars to kitchen counters to sofas--is made for smaller folks.

The natives get a kick out of looking at large big foreigners walking by--to be sure, a lot of folks here wish they were taller, but it doesn't keep them up at night.

Just the other day I walked between these 2 really tall Japanese people at work, and felt how they must feel when looking at really big foreigners. It was kinda funny.

Really--the clothes here are really well made, and made expressly to fit people of your height and weight. Especially if you're small-busted and not really big in the can (scuse me). Gorgeous stuff.

lily

Okay, here's the perspective of a tall person:

1) You will always fit UNDER a shower.  I've been in motels where the shower head is so low it shoots the water at my chest.

2)  Ditto on the cars.  If I try to sit in a compact car, my head hits the ceiling.

3)  We won't even mention how excrutiating it is to take a transatlantic flight with one's knees pressed against one's chest....

4)  I don't have long arms and legs, I have a long torso.  I have to buy special trousers because I have what's called a "long rise."  Don't ask....

5)  Working at a normal kitchen counter gives me a backache.  It's too low.

6)  I was never, and will never be "cute."  Becca is cute.  You are cute.  Us Amazons aren't cute.  And guys who are 5'8" don't want to ask out a tall woman.

7)  Rejoice in what you are.  It's unique.  My mother was 4'11" and had the personality of a star.  Just because you're small doesn't mean you can't make a big impact on people.

There!!  Have a good weekend. 

olga

I just wish I was taller. I'd feel older and more mature if I was taller. It would make my therapy process instantly easier...I believe, but I'm likely wrong....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can totally associate with this. older and more mature, totally. i look at hockey players and think 'yup, that's a grown man'. and then i realise he's like 12 years younger than me.

grouse.

Hi...my name is wifezilla and I am an amazon....

;)

Olga said it all.

I know it might be bad to have everyone assume you are younger than you are, but have you ever had people get really pissy with you for being so immature...not realizing that the adult sized person they are yelling at is only 12?

I;m 5'2', but this post made me remember that song by Randy Newman (who is wonderful), it was called "Short People"- he was skinda making fun, but Randy Newman is all about satire. He's great.

Uh..I dated short men all my life - I never had a preference when it came to height, so don't worry guys-youse okay with us!!

Sylvia

How about "ouch" high heels??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mrs. L

I wore high heels for forty years and I have to admit it was because I liked the long leg look, (being "height impaired".)

NO WAY....NO HOW... I paid my high heel dues. And everyday, my feet thank me for it. I still wear a version of a heel, but a comfortable one, and always with my toes exposed. (I live in the south) and I DO NOT DO PANTYHOSE ANYMORE. Why are women corseted, stuff their feet in these impossible shoes, pantyhose...NOT FAIR.

They use to call the open toe shoe, the "fuck me" shoes.    ;)

Syl

How about "ouch" high heels??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a rather wide foot and find heels to be just murder cos they're all so damn narrow. and i'm not talking boat paddles here, just a D width, but do they make a heel for a men's D? no dammit!

and getting one with a good rugged vibram tread is even worse. nike was doing one for a while but i can't even get my foot into a nike.

grouse.

Archived