CrazyBoards.org

Angry on Lexapro...

umm.. not sure if this has been mentioned, i couldn't find it on here.

I've been on Lexapro about 3 weeks now, the most noticable thing i can see right now is my libido is now much more markably improved than it has been in years.

I also seem to feel angry, normally i'm quite a passive person but i can just feel the anger, like if i'm out walking along and someone doesn't let me past i'll just push them out of the way... has anyone noticed this on lex?

Justin

anger on psych ssris, for me, turned into several years of nasty ass mixed states.

even if you are not bipolar, some people do not mix well with ssris, or this may be the wrong one for you. 

try and write down as much as you can about how you feel, esp. about this new anger and how it's different.  and try to get a psychiatriast asap.  gps really aren't trained in this stuff.

good luck

penny

Thx for all your replies... i've never actually considered that i might be bipolar because i don't really have any manic moments.

Now when i look back on my life i remember that i once tried to kill my brother with a kitchen knife when i was a kid. I remember mum taking me to see a psych back then but all i can remember is telling him what i knew he wanted to hear so i could go home.

I tried to hook up with a psych this week, i was given a (cheap) list from a social worker but they're all too busy to get an appointment with - i guess they're's lots of us crazies out there ;-) At the moment i'm not working, can't work... would be great to be back in a job tho.

The angry episodes are on and off - it might just be my initial reaction to the lex. I can now really associate with the blah feeling tho, the feeling of non-self, non-caring. I kinda like it now as before i was crying and really emotional quite often.

Anyway.... now i'm really just rambling ;-) Love ya all.

Juz

• 2 weeks later...

Lexapro gave me the angries. I got these sudden ragey feelings that would come and go. This was on 20 mgs. I haven't had similar reactions to any other SSRIs. This was on my 2nd go around of Lexapro.

the first go around (at 20 mgs as well) I never expierenced it. (only went off due to unforseen circumstances of a another drug for insomnia)

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for all your replies... i've never actually considered that i might be bipolar because i don't really have any manic moments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are BP-II, you won't actually have full blown mania, just depression and hypomania.  My hypomanic episodes often would result in intense rage, sleeplessness, etc. BP-II is very hard to get a handle on because people with it think that the hypomanic episodes are what everyone else feels like when they are normal, and people suffering with BP-II usually only seek treatment for the depression symptoms.  If it is indeed BP-II and not depression, a SSRI can spin you completely out of whack.

Archived