CrazyBoards.org

Using > 150mg Wellbutrin for sexual issues--

Personally I suspect he is talking out of his ass.  He's like "If 150 doesn't work for your problems, then 300 won't either." 

Keep in mind this is the same pdoc that thought it might be a good idea to switch to Paxil because he thinks it might be less sex-deadening than Lexapro.

He did say that his approach to meds is conservative. Perhaps he doesn't like the idea of me being on therapeutic doses of two different anti-d's?

I think he doesn't realize the relationship between sexual health and mental health. Both my neurologist and psychiatrist take sexual side effects very seriously and are very willing to find solutions. Why not let you just try 300 mg? It's certainly worth a shot (pun intended)!

dianebea

At my next appt which is March 4th I'm finally going to address the sexual issues.  I've been too unstable up until now to mess with adding another med.  My biggest concern with adding another medication is that it just seems like SO much medicine to take.  My pdoc also takes sexual SE's seriously and knows it is an important part of your life.  Do you ever get concerned about adding another med, or should I just get over it?

Anne:

I don't worry too much----I think part of the reason is that I can separate my meds into 2 groups---crazy meds for migraines (topamax and wellbutrin) and those for depression, anxiety, and insomnia (effexor, traz, and xanax). And for some odd reason, that makes it OK in my head! I also have very good insurance---otherwise, I'd probably have to forego the migraine prevention.

I do get concerned about adding meds that aren't related to crazy meds---only because I don't want to swallow any more stuff (so now I have a nasal spray antihistamine for allergies).

diane

Archived