CrazyBoards.org

Non-Compliance!

I was taking the Pill for mood regulation reasons and because of that, had to double my dose of Lamictal. Since getting fired from my job and finding a new one that does not have health benefits, there is no way I can afford Lamictal.

So I weighed the options and went non-compliant. I stopped the Pill, halved the Lamictal (to make it last longer), and have a pdoc appointment in a week. I had to do the halving of the Lamictal or I wouldn't have made it to my pdoc appointment on a mood stabilizer. I'm going to ask her to put me on Lithium or something I can afford. Good god- have you checked those prices?

What do you think? I make $34,500 a year but Lamictal costs at least $600/month from Canada- that's more than my rent! Lithium is about $20 a bottle...

Health care is too expensive and it should be free. RANT.

I was only taking Lamictal about every 2nd or 3rd day cuz I was running out and couldn't afford it.  (btw, at my pharmacy, it costs $130 for 200 mg/day...$600 seems a bit much!)  I can't afford cuz I lost the ol' insurance and am still trying to get insured.

I just started taking it daily again cuz my doc gave me the starter pack (oh YAY, punching out those little 25s...) and we're working on getting me on the free meds program.

However--at $34, 500, I wouldn't count on any sort of patient assistance.  I'm going to tell my dad later today that maybe he better not tell how much they really loaned me last year--wonfering if that ain't the reason I haven't heard about energy assistance yet.  (and the damn thing is, about $4500 was for COBRA insurance...)

Yikes!  Maybe one of those sites will let you submit something on your medical expenses, including other meds, doctor visits, etc. due to your MI when they consider whether to support your lamictal Rx.  34,000 isn't really that much when you're paying as much in meds as rent, plus pdoc fees, etc.

Yeah, the prices for lamictal are really that high! and if i want to take the pill too, my dose jumps to 400mg and the cost does too.

i make too much for patient assistance programs, and my armpit of america state offers no help for even the poorest of the poor (like people applying for ssdi) let alone someone with my income, because of course, i could afford it! lol

i'm either going to order the shit from india or something. that seems to be the only hope. i'm sure my clinic can give me starter packs for until i get my india meds. i also take wellbutrin.

Archived