CrazyBoards.org

Secret handshake?

Guest guest for a reason

Guest guest for a reason

I have been attracted to women (I am one myself) for about as long as I can remember.  I got all tingly when I saw a naked woman as early as 4th grade.  Women still seem to turn me on more than men.  I have only had relationships with men, but have had brief encounters with women.  It is something I need to persue further, but I don't know exactly how to.  Do I just show up at a bar or something?  I don't have friends that I could do this with, so I need suggestions. Thanks in advance!

From the looks of things, you aren't out to anyone.  or at least, a very few people.  which is alright.  But, can make things hard when looking to meet people.  Speaking from a gay male perspective, you do learn to say and hear everything with your eyes, and that's one way.  As for others...

You might start by...getting some friends you can do this with. ;)   Seriously though, is there a GLBT publication in your area?  Alternative news or something?  A lot of areas have clubs etc that aren't necessarily bar related for people to come and chill out.  Share hobbies etc.  Depending on what you're looking for (I don't judge those looking for just a hookup; been there n done that, but neither am I assuming that's what you mean); the bars might be a good place to start.  Have fun n be careful. :)

P.S.  This sucks, but I feel I should mention it so it's not a surprise.  There's some BITCHY ASS people within the community who don't particularly appreciate bisexuals.  It's stupid, and childish, but it exists and you may or may not find it.  If someone's all uppity, tell them to fuck off and find someone else.

Guest guest for a reason

Yeah, I'm not out.  Not sure if I should be.  If I ever had a regular thing with a woman I would tell people, but at this point I don't think I should be.  1 or 2 friends of mine know about a random hook-up I had with a girl last year, but that's about it.  And I talked to a former best friend of mine (just grew apart) last year about how I was/am in love with her and am pissy that we grew apart and she is getting married to a huge (male) loser. 

I don't think I am jsut looking for hookups, although maybe.  I just don't FUCKING know and it pisses me off.  I know there are people who get pissy about the bisexual thing, but I will just have to avoid them.  I have had fleeting thoughts of "Maybe I am only attracted to men because I think I should be" but again, I don't have enough experience so I can't even begin to say.  Do I just go by hormones and the fact that watching women makeout is more stimulating for me than watching a man and a woman? 

I know of some gay clubs around, I am hesitant of going alone just because of the awkwardness.  I am thinking of putting a post up on Craig's list or something, just to get a friend. 

I feel like the little bisexual engine who couldn't.  ;)

I agree with atropis, about the alternatives to clubbing in order to meet people. It's probably much less risky, in my opinion. And you'll probably have a better chance finding other women, who want more than to have you go down on them, if thats something you'd consider persuing.

Also, don't feel compelled to explain why you're not fitting into the societal norm of hetero sex. Generally, people in 'the community' don't care for explanations, because they're more concerned with the person you are. We all have our baggage, breakdowns upon realization, etc etc, it's just part of the deal, like Cher impersonators.

Learn to love yourself for your uniqueness, and people will gravitate to you, no matter the gender.

Also, fwiw, (concerning the "i think I'm only attracted to men because I should be") there are a lot of women who identify as lesbian, yet sometimes have sex and/or relationships with men. There is scorn associated with that, much like the bisexual label, but really, you've got more important things to worry about than haters.

Archived