CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
unknown diagnosis

I cant concentrate at all! help!

So I've been pretty stable on my current meds since the summer ended, not too many OCD symptoms other than intrusive thoughts and very little compulsions. But I cant seem to concentrate on school at all! I try and listen to the teacher explaining some new concept and I just lose focus immediately. I try and study for tests and I get distracted by random things, something by nothing! I just cant concentrate. The only time I can concentrate is during mindless activities like watching TV and even then im not really paying attention. If someone were to give me verbal instructions I would ask for it written down because I cant even process what they are saying after the third word. Even know I keep getting distracted and I cant finish this post fast enough!  

I also get very distracted and anxious when there is multiple auditory stimuli around me, so much that I feel like leaving the room or leaving school and putting in my noise cancelling earphones and just trying to drown out the noise. I've also stopped caring about all my work because its too hard to get done so I just give up, and if I have to do work I just get so angry at myself because I cant concentrate enough to get any work done.

This isn't really related but ive given up on processing what people are saying so much that I have to ask them what they mean when they are being sarcastic or joking with me. I just cant understand people anymore it seems

Anyways have any of you experienced this? Is this just my OCD acting up or something I should look further into? How do I stop it short term? Any advice would be appreciated, this is the year I start applying to universities and it seems like with my current marks because of my situation, im not getting in to even my last choice. :cussing: 

I don't know what's wrong with me but my dad is really angry at me and he's saying that im just fishing for attention right now and that im not really mentally ill. All I asked was for his advice and he told me to get a job, reason being im probably going to fail out of school and no university will accept me anyways so I need a backup plan. He also said if I fail out of school at any time he isn't going to accept me back into the house and I will have to be on my own

So yeah looks like there's another problem on top of my already strenuous mental issues