CrazyBoards.org

Just saw new pdoc... She's awesome, but..

I was forced to see a new pdoc thanks to some republican rule at my old clinic, so I had to go to an entirely new clinic.  Fortunately, they're great.  However, we looked at my history in GREAT detail and I'm officially a head case.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder from 3-18

Eating Disorder at 11

Depression at 14 (recurring)

Borderline Personality Disorder (yeah, I knew that was coming)

Bipolar 1 with psychosis around 22

ADD dxed at 24

Adjustment Disorder w/anxiety at 25

Somatoform Disorder NOS at 25

Panic attacks

and to top it off...  A probable seizure disorder.

Thankfully, I'm hanging out at my current dx:  BP 1, ADD, OCD PD, and whatever the hell happens at the neurologist with the seizures.

I am considering myself to be unbelievable well-adjusted. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a freak sometimes too. Even tho I "only" have BP1, ADHD and some hallucinations here and there. But really, most pdocs have seen EVERYTHING and they're there to help you.

I'm hoping you'll get the help you need! I'm hoping this new clinic is the answer.

Btw, I LOVE your quote. The Anita Liberty one. I'm stealing it as my msn name! :)

Edited to say I like your other quotes as well... ;)

I'm certain it is somewhere on this board, but what exactly is borderline personality disorder?

nevermind, I just found it. I think it's an unfail label.  Most of that stuff can be explained by mania and depression as well as an unpleasant childhood that fucks with your self-image.

I didn't have an unpleasant childhood, though.  However, I do have an issue with calling anything a "personality disorder."  People's personalities are wrong/bad/disturbed?  Way to make people give up all hope of changing their dysfunctional traits.  "I'm sorry, but you don't have a chemical imbalance, your personality is just inherently bad and socially unacceptable."

Ouch.

I have a problem with that.

Guest Swede

Hey, too much sanity is not good either. To quote the swedish group the Arc: it takes a fool to remain sane! :-)

Hey, I wouldn't worry too much about the numerous diagnoses.  After all, some of them probably morphed into whatever you've got going on now (eg depression is subsumed by BP, EDs and OCD are often a byproduct of both, and ADD and BPD often ease up or disappear once mania is treated).  My pdoc thinks I may have ADD, but he's not going to worry about it until my BP is under control.  He also wants to try, at some point, to reduce my wellbutrin dose, which might take care of the ADD symptoms.

Anyhow, good on you for not freaking out, and let's cross our fingers that this doc works.

Archived