CrazyBoards.org

So I've been reading some posts about Geodon and it seems like people really hate it. A bit worried there.

My pdoc put me on it due to increased hallucinations, that I've started getting even when I'm not manic.

I took the first dose yesterday, and it's probably the placebo effect (which can be really powerful!) but I feel soooo much better. I even went to school today! I was a bit worried it was hypomania at first, but when I thought about it I realized that I haven't been feeling good in such a long time that I probably confuse "normal" with hypomania. I've realized that when I'm "normal" I usually feel so much better than other people, and this is when I'm NOT hypomanic.

Anyways, does anyone have a good experience with Geodon? If it continues to be this good, it just might be the miracle med I've been looking for.

I was on Geodon for a year.  When I first started it, everything seemed brighter and I felt much better.  That sort of wore off and I had to keep increasing the dose.  I got up to the maximum dose.  It definately worked for my depression but it turned me into a zombie eventually.  All I could do was sit on the couch and I went to bed at 8:00 so no time with my hubby or kids.  I would sleep at least 12 hours.  I couldn't carry on a conversation and had a very flat affect.

I just swithed to lamictal and feel much more energetic , but a little depressed. I can stay up at night and only need 8 hours of sleep. Lamictal won't help hallucinations so maybe a low dose of Geodon will work for you.  My doctor thought it was very successful for me and hated to change. 

Oh I forgot.  It was causing my brain to have a surging feeling and I would hear wierd noises that I thought my brain was making. It was unbearable.  like a boinging sound or a metallic slamming sound.  I had a cat scan and an eeg that found nothing and as soon as I stopped Geodon it went away.

Good Luck

Well, glad to hear at least some people have had good experiences with it.

Unfortunately, I'm only allowed to take it at 7pm which means the only time I'm not suicidal is between 9pm until I got to bed. I was thinking about taking one in the morning as well, but I try to respect my pdoc. She also keeps very careful track of how many pills I take, so she would find out easily.

Well, I'm loving Geodon so far. The hallucinations and "weird thoughts" are pretty much gone, and I feel so "normal". I never thought nomal would be this good. I can function like a human being. Which is fucking great!

Also, I don't get tired, a side effect I get from nearly all meds.

She increased my dose to 20 mgs in the morning and 20 mgs in the evening. So now I can feel ok during the day too. ;)

Well, maybe this is overly optimistic, but I really think my life has changed to the better sine Geodon. Zero depression, zero mania. I even think it has helped a bit with my ADHD, I'm able to get things done nowadays. Weird.

Since I can't take antidepressants and Lamictal isn't doing shit, this may be my wonder med.

Life is pretty good. I never knew that.

Had some panic attacks last week, but now they're gone so that may just be my body getting adjusted to a new med.

I'm so happy that so far Geodon is treating you well and that you're having a taste of normal living!

I have to tell you though why I call Geodon "the master of all that is evil" in my signature---

It made me homicidal. No kidding. I litererally wanted to go postal. They put me on it in the hospital and then released me so my family could care for me, and my family had to intervene and get me off the shit or I wouldh ave killed someone and then myself.

So take great care. Maybe my experience was the weird exception. I hope so.

Archived