CrazyBoards.org

Anyone else get paranoid that their drinks or food will be spiked with poison? Sometimes even if I look away from my food for a moment I worry if I should eat it or not, in case it was poisoned. I've been forcing myself to push through and eat the food anyway, but it does a number on my anxiety levels. 

A couple times I have experienced that. One time recently (and I felt horrible for this), I thought my husband had poisoned me. Another time I thought the employees at Burger King (one of whom absolutely did not like me) had poisoned my burger. I very strongly considered throwing it right in the trash. Both times, I forced myself through it. My paranoia leans more toward the thought that people are conspiring to take my kids/have my kids taken from me for various reasons. 

I hope it's okay to reply. I just have psychotic features. If it's tone deaf for me to reply, I apologize. 

• Like 1

I did during one of my relapses. I thought that the garlic pieces in the garlic lo-mein I would order (frequently) via this one take-out place were microphones. It was during the same time that I couldn't listen to music because I thought the music was somehow tapped by the CIA.

• Like 1

On November 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Chantho said:

A couple times I have experienced that. One time recently (and I felt horrible for this), I thought my husband had poisoned me. Another time I thought the employees at Burger King (one of whom absolutely did not like me) had poisoned my burger. I very strongly considered throwing it right in the trash. Both times, I forced myself through it. My paranoia leans more toward the thought that people are conspiring to take my kids/have my kids taken from me for various reasons. 

I hope it's okay to reply. I just have psychotic features. If it's tone deaf for me to reply, I apologize. 

People (mainly teachers, doctors, government officials) conspiring to take child away is a major focus of my paranoia also.

Not so much with food (although it has happened before), mainly meds for me. I feel that they've been replaced with poison. Then I don't take them, then I land up in hospital and etc etc.

I believed my ex was slowly poisoning my food and drink with bleach and chemical residues. It was seriously stressful because I was psychotic and felt pretty afraid of him. 

When I first got my diagnosis I was afraid of food containing some kind of psychiatric drug that was injected into it.  

Persistent fear in hospital over the years that the food contains deadly amounts of heavy metals or sometimes actual magnets that make me stick to the wall. 

Have often eaten food I didn't like because the hallucinations wanted me to...

Oh my gosh I sound crazy.:o

But the good thing is your food is safe.  And nobody is gonna put anything in it. Or I'd have been dead long ago.

Edited by paintedsky
  • Like 1

Yes I know people fuck with me like not put major poison in my food but just something to make me sick as in not enough to kill me. If it were major poison I'd be dead already you see. So I figured out that it must be something moderate to minor in severity.

Yes this is very common in psychosis.. In the beginning it was mild paranoia that the police where poisoning all the drugs at this massive illegal festival even the weed. In my mind it was also like a game of crashing your car, everybody knew the drugs where poisoned but we where still taking them to feel alive and didn't care about crashing the car. Russian roulette.. "Tekking//Tagging" eachother and ourselves with random chemicals while listening to hard bass, just for the fun of it. Game of DNA, the hardest most resistant, most alert with the best drugs survive and get the girls. I even imagined the drugs being cut with birth control pills for "game of DNA".

Later I got paranoid when I left my bag somewhere that the food or water in it where going to be "tagged/tekked". I was travelling at the time always watching my pack so nobody could mess with it. Only drinking from stuff if it wasn't opened wich is silly cause i used to be a pro minesweeper(taxing drinks from the side of the party)

At my peak I was super afraid to buy water in the supermarket. Then just said fuck it.. And acted ignorant. A day or two later the voices told me my last beer was infected with cyanide and I was gonna die in the most painfull way imaginable. I wanted to go out fighting so I hit a cop (I had been harrased by them for a while because of being loopy and being in the wrong places).-I'm innocent they told me to do it!- They where also the image of the system that was corrupting everything. It ended with me in a hospital, chained to a bed in a foreign country with no clue wtf was going on. 

I got lucky the cop knew I was out of my mind and didn't press any charges, no jail time, not forced into an institution  just had to sign a paper that I was in the hospital voluntarily. I got more respect for police now, no more all cops are bastards but all Creatures are beautifull. Went home immediatelly and family advised me to go voluntarily to a MI-hospital so I did it. In the beginning I tought  the food there had stuff in it to keep us insane so we'd need meds for life conspiracy. But figured the volumetric dosing would be impossible. Been clean ever since the delusions stopped after a week of being on meds.

GOD DAMN what a ride it was. I do miss the days of playing russian roulette

It's better to believe in mutual cooperation than in warfare

Edited by -77-

Wow this happened to me and I was hospitalised because of it. I was convinced my wife was putting powdered glass in my food and drink. It was a horrible six months but after a med change this soon stopped.