CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
eee123

told to "watch my weight" by pdoc

My pdoc put me on 2.5mg of zyprexa and then gave me a lecture about weight gain, then in the waiting room as I was leaving he again warned me to "watch my weight".

I weigh 44kg on a very bad day and doctors have been telling me I am underweight although I do not think I am.

I already starve myself all day (I only eat one meal) because I believe that if I eat more than one meal a day I will become very fat.

I feel like crap.  I know zyprexa causes weight gain but I feel like he thinks I was fat.  If I was underweight why would it matter if I put on a few kilos.

I feel like it was a crappy thing for him to say, at least to the extent that he carried on about it.  This is only a very low dose of zyprexa too.  

I doubt he thinks your fat...it seems kinda inappropriate for a doc to say that to someone starving themselves. 

Edited by Iceberg
  • Like 1

There’s a case that was documented very well, because the subject was inpatient at the time, of a woman who gained a pound a day taking Zyprexa. I doubt your doctor was calling you fat. I think he wants you to be careful to mind what happens as you take it.

I gained 70 pounds on Zyprexa and in a short amount of time.  My doc took me off it.  I don't know why he didn't sooner.  He never said anything about weight gain.