CrazyBoards.org

Better? Worse?

Last night I dreamed the face of my attacker for the first time in five years, in fact, the first time since the attack.

Surprisingly, I wasn't overly scared by him. So this is good.

In the dream however, we were in the same prison. And since that was my WORST fear, since the police MENACED me instead of protecting me.....

I'm wondering if this constitues progress.

I hope so. His release date is set for April 2010 so I have kind of a deadline to be in "fighting trim".

Last night I dreamed the face of my attacker for the first time in five years, in fact, the first time since the attack.

Surprisingly, I wasn't overly scared by him. So this is good.

In the dream however, we were in the same prison. And since that was my WORST fear, since the police MENACED me instead of protecting me.....

I'm wondering if this constitues progress.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, JMO.

The fact you say it was a dream and not a nightmare is good, and you were not overly scared of him a definite plus. I shy away from trying to interpret another person's dream... but maybe maybe the same prison isn't literal (OK, I admit it dumb thing to say about a dream) but rather that he is physically locked up and unfortunately your PTSD still has you in a prison of sorts.

Progress? I think so in that you have an insight here. Feel free to ignore me if this post is offenseive or stupid, or you just find it annoying.

Erika

i think it's a good thing, it shows that your mind is healing enough to look at him.  i don't know about the prison thing, i really don't get into that whole dream symbolism thing, my mind is just waaaay to random & it throws out random things in my dreams.

or maybe it's your minds way of saying "nyah nyah, not scared of you". dunno

Well, see, the prison thing was the worst thing, cos the cops kept threatinging me with all kinds of stuff if I didn't fess up to being a child molester since Kenny was saying I was to try and pull his own ass outta the fire. Made it even sound plausible. Then I got a lawyer, since my brain pan had got all scrambled when Kenny hit me upside the head with the butt of a .357 and I couldn't say much at all, let alone in my own defense.

Damn portage county fucktard cops.

Anyhow.

I looked it up and I guess Kenny managed to lose a couple "good behavior" years since they put him in the general population. Prolly decided to wing someone with a cafeteria tray or something equally stupid. So now I got to 2012 instead of 2010.

Archived