CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Zaroxley

Is this anxiety? Trying to define the constant negativity.

I’ve been dealing with major depressive disorder and anxiety for several years now. I’ve read a lot of books on psychology and neurology. But I’ve only recently started seeing a psychiatrist. I was getting prescriptions from general physicians. Currently I’m on Wellbutrin and it works great for my depression but my anxiety still shows up. I told my doctor that it feels like an under-lying current. The anxiety is constant but I keep it at bay. He prescribed me Seroquel 25mg. Today is my second day on it. I don’t think I really knew how to describe my anxiety before today because today my brain feels silent. It’s like before there was a constant negative voice, my own voice - I guess, that would always repeat any negative thought I ever had. All my doubts were vocalized by this voice. I’ve never described it as a voice before because I always associated it with just thoughts. But today those thoughts are not there. I’m calm and that’s weird. So my question is, is it really anxiety? 

I have very negative thoughts from anxiety/depression. I don't know that I'd call it a voice. It is more of an inner dialog that is ongoing in my mind.

I tend to think of it in terms of the ego. I read the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle some years ago. If I remember correctly, he talks about you have the self and the ego. Most people think that their ego as themselves. It is pretty deep stuff.

Glad you're getting some relief. I took Seroquel a long time ago.

I would have to ask does this voice feel like you or something/someone else?

Anxiety and depression are two sides of the same coin. Depression is often said to be fearing the past while anxiety is fearing the future. I don't know how real this division really is. Like anyone who suffers from depression doesn't feel some anxiety. Oh yes, my past was awful, but I'm optimistic about the future, because why wouldn't I be, given how life has been so terrible up until now? Yep! Somewhere over the rainbow, there's a pile of shit waiting for you. Sorry, I'm being negative, and I noticed while back when I was typing this that this is another old thread. Sorry for being negative, it's all going to work out fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Persona_Is_Life
      Hello! 
      I'm trying to figure out how to address my nervous tics lately. They've been persistent this past year and are always changing. From eye blinking, to head shaking, to sticking my elbow in my sides, squeaking, to a eye closed swallow things. I can't remember them all. 
      I don't always have them. If I've properly slept and aren't stressed/anxious they don't exist at all. As I'm typing this I keep needing to pick up my thumbs and bend them till I hear something crack. 
      I don't know where to put this though! 
      Thanks!
    • By Blahblah
      This has become the central topic of my latest ruminations...I'm still in my 40's, but I'm worrying a lot about getting older. I'm having some random health issues (aches/pains, chronic fatigue etc) that I never had before.
      I don't have any children and get triggered every time I see photos of other people's kids (literally everyone I know my age has kids now). I know that it's not a given that all families are happy or one's kids will take care of you in old age, but it's just the thought of having a family around! My parents are approaching late 70's and they live very far away, cannot travel. I have no other close family (or even close friends) that I can really depend on.
      Anyone know how to remedy these anxious thoughts? One of my biggest fears is being alone in old age, with increased health issues, and being totally isolated/alone in despair. I'd rather die young.
    • By Evey
      While on either Seroquel (Quetiapine) or Seroquel (Quetiapine) XR, did anyone wake up nightly, multiple times, in a sweat? Did it cause you to go off it?
    • By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.