CrazyBoards.org

So basically im dead inside.

I currently being emotionaly dull, i cant feel any motivation or desire to live, despite that im still doing my everyday things, going to college, working out, doing my usual duties and chores.

The thing is that i have an schizoid disorder, and im very paranoid.

I posted in addiction because one of the most destructive things is my addction to many things.

I smoke, not weed, regular cigarettes, the thing is that my parents think that i quited smoking but i dont, i wanna quit to, i hate it, and i hate it because my parents are well known religious leaders in my town and a lot of people know them and know me, when i smoke outside im always paranoid, i dont wanna live this way, my paranoia is getting worse but i always end up smoking again because my friends smoke and i always fall but i wanna quit.

If my parents get to know that i still smoke they probably stop paying my colleges fees, a lot of people know them and can snitch on me.

I have this fight, i cant keep going anymore, at the same time smoking helps me cope whit my side effectos made by my antipsychotics, but they dont understand, they always judge merciless even do im an adult in my twenties.

Can anyone give advice, all advice is very helpful.

There have been some studies that show that nicotine interacts with szchizo- symptoms in a way that helps manage them more effectively. It makes sense that it'd be particularly hard to quit.

I don't have much advice, because I recently started smoking again after being quit for 5.5 years. So evidently what ever I do to quit isn't helpful in the long run. I get the paranoia, though, as I live near a whole bunch of people who think that I've quit, and who could really tear me a new one if that isn't true. Plus I live with my partner and I don't want for him to know that I'm smoking again.

So I get it. It's really hard.

Where I live there are quit-smoking clinics. There are hotlines and helplines. And pharmacists often have good suggestions too. So there is a system there for people who want to quit. I just can't tap into it right now. But maybe there's a system where you are, too?

Thanks for commenting.

There are clinics and treatments but i really live undet my parents shadow, i cant reach for help to them.

Apart from them i habe no way out or support, i really hate that.

I wish my parents would undetstand.

It sounds like the first step might be for you to find ways to get support for yourself that doesn't involve your parents.

School is usually able to offer that in some way. Does your school have anything like that?

If they see you you could just say something like how you believe that one of your classes/working with one of your profs could be easier for you and you're brainstorming ways to achieve that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
      I know it's not a competition in any way, with illness. But had a surprise when a friend messaged me to ask how I was doing. I replied &thanked her, said it was really nice to hear from her (particularly because I've been lonely, isolating myself, depression, etc). She literally responded with "Well, I got cancer so I'm sure it's worse than you..."  That's all she wrote, no elaboration.
      What would you make of this reply? I'm empathic, and assume she's hurting or afraid. (btw I don't know if she still has it, or successfully treated already)
      I literally had no idea what was going on and I gave her support, told her I'm here for her for anything if she wants to talk, but in a way, I feel hurt, because of the way people with illnesses always  "one up" and diminish each other, like experiencing one type of illness, trauma or pain is much worse than another?
    • By CookieN
      What has been your experience with Wellbutrin? Pros and cons? What does make Wellbutrin different from other antidepressants? Does it stop working after a while?
    • By MisterMelancholy
      I've been experiencing depersonalization frequently recently but I don't understand why. I probably don't fit the criteria of depersonalization disorder so the only other reason I could experience is if I used a psychedelic substance, which I do not. I've been wondering if depression is the cause of the depersonalization as it often, but not always, happens during MDD episodes. Could this be correct?
    • By MisterMelancholy
      Because of my depression, I like many people, have pitifully low self esteem.
      Ever since Iast year I been having a tendency to daydream of having a better life and various other powerfantasies I make up. When daydreaming my self esteem skyrockets and I feel good. But I kinda resent it because I hate vanity and I'm worried that having super high self esteem will make me arrogant and vain and grandiose. I also begin to kinda lose touch with reality and think that I'm above the rules and stuff like that. I'm worried about becoming egotistic.
      I had a debate about this 2 days ago with my therapist and she said that the daydreams aren't bad because it's better than having extremely low self esteem(paraphrased). I disagreed.
      So with all this in mind, is it an adaptive or maladaptive coping mechanism?
    • By mikl_pls
      My mood has been absolutely deplorable for the past month or so. I honestly don't know how to begin to describe how bad it is. I have a lot of the "negative" symptoms, a profound deficit of positive affect. Nothing in life gives me pleasure, suicidal thoughts begin to surface, and I sometimes descend further into psychotic depression. These are my depressive episodes. I don't know how else to paint the picture more thoroughly because I never know what to say, and it really bothers me when I'm like that when I'm around my boyfriend. I want to talk, but I can never think of anything to say, so I rely on him to start conversations.
      I don't get it... Dopamine has been posited to be a central neurotransmitter in the pathenogenesis of anhedonia, and I'm on multiple meds that supposedly on their own and in combinations with other meds I'm taking can treat anhedonia. What am I missing??
      I'm on Dexedrine up to 60 mg as needed, Vyvanse 50 mg, Wellbutrin 200 mg, Viibryd 40 mg (increases dopamine via postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptor stimulation), Vraylar 3 mg... What else could possibly help?
      There's no relief in sight when I'm like this.