CrazyBoards.org

Stress and restlessness

Does anyone know If stress can leave you feel mentally restless? Almost to the point of boredom if you try to relax? I can’t seem to enjoy a day off... i just wanna go go go. It almost feels like hypomania, except i do not feel happy about it. I really, really just wanna relax and enjoy doing nothing. 

I know that stress can make your body restless, like you want to move all the time. But that os not the feeling i have. I just wanna do stuff all the time. Feel hyperactive and bored.

Does anyone feel the same?

Are you on meds? It sounds like you are maybe hypo/mixed state.. physically and mentally "wound up" with pent up energy that is forcing you to move, pace or driven to do something but you don't know what, you are bored and also agitated? I think stress can add to this state, the difference is, if it is just stress alone - you can usually find some relaxing activity like doing nothing, taking a bath, a quiet room alone, or taking a nap to help calm yourself down.

Is your mind also racing? I have felt that way in the past, it was like some sort of mixed/hypo feeling where you are both keyed-up yet exhausted at the same time. You can neither relax, sleep, nor do you feel up for going for a run or doing anything productive - it's an awful, uncomfortable feeling that you must wait out. or take a PRN.  I'm not sure if there is a more specific name for this...

I know sometimes when stress is triggering my anxiety, I'll feel like I should be doing something and not be able to just take a break, but I'll also be to scattered to actually make a plan to do something. So I'll wind through in my mind all the thing I could and should be doing, and I'll start one thing and then feel like I should do something else because maybe it's more important. It's more of a feeling overwhelmed and paralyzed at the same time, which for me is a little different for me than being hypo, where I'll feel like I want to do all the things and get bored with one thing before I finish it. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
      I know many people here have taken Abilify longterm as an adjunct, but I am honestly worried about longterm side effects (weight gain, akasthia). I trialed it twice and it made me constantly hungry, wanting to eat everything (I tried both 2mg, 5mg), made me tap my feet a lot.
      I wonder if taking it only on the week that I am very symptomatic (week before menstruation) it would be effective? Is Abilify something that kicks in within a few days of taking it? My other thought was biting the bullet and using Risperdone for this week (which I really hated when I was on it daily, it made me a zombie, and my Prolactin shot through the roof)
      The symptoms I want to treat (happen @ 4-7 days per month) are: dysphoria, hypersensitivity, severe depression, anger, uncontrollable crying to exhaustion, suicidal ideations, ruminations, stress and some heart palpitations.
    • By Blahblah
      Had to resort to taking a Valium (5mg) tonight for acute stress flare-up after a heated argument (happened right before bedtime, then I can't fall asleep) These intense emotions of overwhelm and sadness keep me awake for hours afterwards.
      How long until this kicks in? After 20-30 mins, It doesn't feel like it's doing much at all...would taking more be bad? I also have Xanax, but I end up waking up middle of night when it wears off.
    • By ponv
      Sorry I read through a lot of posts in the middle of last night, but am too restless to read through them again.  BUT!  I did see some posts related to my concern regarding restlessness as a side effect for Vraylar.  I have been taking Vraylar , 1.5fl - 1 wk and  3 fl- 5 days, and am extremely restless.  Would someone please let me know whether this will go away on its own, or is it permanent? I just got off lithium which I took for many, many years...
    • By neptune93
      I live in shitty apartments but will be moving in a month to a really nice place. A girl that lives here is on heroin and asks for money and ativan from me. She knows it take ativan because we had a conversation about my ptsd and I regretfully told her I take ativan. Well she flew off the handle a couple days ago for denying her MY medication I take for MY disorder. What a fucking entitlement mentality. Then I called about getting a kitten yesterday and the girl on the phone asked me to pay 300 for a kitten because her boyfriend is kicking her out and she cant afford methdone. I think I live in the rudest, coldest, most selfish city in the country. I am getting angry at everyone and angry about everything. I cant sleep, im probably mixed mania, and I hope to God nobody bothers me. Im shutting myself in for the next 4 days. Im not talking to anybody. Im just going to try to stay calm and call the landlord or police if these selfish, entitled people try anything. Grrrr
    • By neptune93
      I live in shitty apartments but will be moving in a month to a really nice place. A girl that lives here is on heroin and asks for money and ativan from me. She knows it take ativan because we had a conversation about my ptsd and I regretfully told her I take ativan. Well she flew off the handle a couple days ago for denying her MY medication I take for MY disorder. What a fucking entitlement mentality. Then I called about getting a kitten yesterday and the girl on the phone asked me to pay 300 for a kitten because her boyfriend is kicking her out and she cant afford methdone. I think I live in the rudest, coldest, most selfish city in the country. I am getting angry at everyone and angry about everything. I cant sleep, im probably mixed mania, and I hope to God nobody bothers me. Im shutting myself in for the next 4 days. Im not talking to anybody. Im just going to try to stay calm and call the landlord or police if these selfish, entitled people try anything. Grrrr