CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit37

Husband passed away tonight

Is denial the first stage of grief? Nothing seems real. 

he’s had a recent history of mixing copious amounts of alcohol with painkillers. They’ll do a toxicology, if nothing definitive shows up, he’ll have an autopsy. He was 56.

I’m a bit lost right now, kids and I just got back from the ER an hour ago. It’s 3am, I need to wait til 6 or so to start calling family, and that’s about when my daughter will get here. 

Sorry, there’s not even a question here. Just needed to reach out. 

Oh Rab.  There aren't really any "right" words, are there? I am so terribly sorry for your, and your children's, loss. I hope there are people there who can help you through everything that comes next.  And yes, shock and denial are right up there in the grieving process.

Sending love, and keeping you all in my thoughts.

Rabbit, I am so very sorry to learn this news.I have to say that I am a little in shock myself because we were just talking about him less than a week ago. As Mia said, there are no magic words I can say to make it better. It's a process that you and your family have to go through, and it sucks bigtime, but -there is no way around it. I hope it will be easier for you.

Take care of yourself, Rabbit. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Oh Rabbit, I'm so sorry for your loss......I know it's so shocking when a loved one dies unexpectedly......Been there myself, so I know how it hurts so bad......

Sincere sympathies and prayers for you and your kids, and family.......Be gentle with yourself.....

My heart with all its love and my deepest condolences go out to you, your husband, your family, and your husband's family. Y'all are in my thoughts as your husband makes this transition in life, whatever the cause may be. Thank you for reaching out to us. Please take care, and sending much love your way.

Thank you all so much. It brings tears to my eyes. 

My 31yo daughter came home, she is my rock, and her “I’ll do anything whatsoever to help” boyfriend is my hero. 

I think the kids and I are still in shock. I mean, the signs were pointing to this, I figured at some point, it’s just that I didn’t expect it right now. 

My daughter’s been helping with various phone calls. I can guarantee our neighbors (best friends) will be inundating us with food. 

It’s just so unreal right now. 

• Like 1

Talked to the coroner this afternoon. There was alcohol in his system, but he said after he reviewed his medical records, that he believed it was a heart attack, brought on by high blood pressure and high cholesterol. His family has a history of heart problems, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. 

Trying to cope, but it hasn’t sunk in yet. I haven’t even cried, I feel so numb. 

Rabbit, honey, I’m so sorry. What a terrible shock. No wonder it can’t seem real yet.

There isn’t any right or wrong way to be feeling. Take your emotions as they come. 

Here for you if you need us.

I'm shocked and very sorry to hear this Rabbit. Take good care of yourself and check in here if you need some emotional support.

Wow, Rabbit. How sudden! I know he's been struggling (and you and your kids with him), but... wow. 

As others have said, all of your feelings, whatever they are, are valid. Grief, shock and yes - even relief. It's okay and normal to feel all those things (or none or somewhere in between!).

It will take a while to find your family's new normal, and yes, life will never be the same. We're here for you.

I’m hanging in there, though Ativan has been my friend at times. 

For various reasons, my oldest daughter and I chose to have him cremated, he will be interred in the cemetery close to his parents (in Texas) in a few weeks. This weekend is a reception for friends and former co-workers to pay their respects. 

I think being overwhelmingly busy this week with all the planning is a good thing. It’s kept me numb, and kept me from falling apart. 

Not looking forward to next week, when daughter and boyfriend go back home, and kiddos (teens) go back to school. I’m sure that’s when it’ll really start to hit me. 

Might be leaning on CB at times. Thank you all again for your kind words. 

Feel free to lean as hard and as long on CB as you must. We've got your back.