CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
survivingbp

Anxiety vs paranoia?

Having some issues understanding the differences between anxiety and paranoia, because to me they seem entwined. How is paranoia treated when it occurs outside of psychosis? 

persoanlly i am not sure about how it is treated outside of phychosis but paranoia is more intense its like no it is going to happen you cant convience me otherwise and anxiety is less intense its more like what if this happens i dont want to go kinda i hope this helped

Anxiety to me is based on paranoia and my brain's way of kicking into over drive when I think people are staring at me

Edited by wookie
  • Like 1

To me the difference is that with anxiety, you are afraid that something might happen. With paranoia, you think that it is actually happening and are afraid because of it. For example, I might be afraid to leave my home because there might be killers on the street. That's anxiety. On the other hand, believing that my neighbor is a killer and is hiding behind the building to kill me when I leave is paranoia.

• Like 1

Anxiety is more free-form and generalized, whereas paranoia has a specific focus.

• Like 1