CrazyBoards.org

Country music 'How do you get that lonely'

Guest 'Clueless'

Anyone know the song?  With the phrase..."How does anyone get that lonely?"

It's right there...in front of them, but most people don't see it. 

I'm the typical one that gets things done, always doing something for the non-profit/group/crowd.  But still alone.  Married but alone, always.  The one that most people think has it 'together' but still attends alone and no matter the compliments for many things done well...I feel alone AND feel like they just don't get it or see how difficult life can be. 

They don't see that I do things to escape my own pain.  Every complement is like a knife...twisting and hurting and highlighting that they don't have a clue who I am or how I struggle.  They don't see me as an individual, a sexual being, an attractive person...I'm part of a pair, a non-entity, a privleged person. 

Anyone know the song?  With the phrase..."How does anyone get that lonely?"

It's right there...in front of them, but most people don't see it. 

I'm the typical one that gets things done, always doing something for the non-profit/group/crowd.  But still alone.  Married, but alone, always.  The one that most people think has it 'together' but still attends alone and no matter the compliments for many things done well...I feel alone AND feel like they just don't get it or see how difficult life can be or how reality affects us.

They don't see that I do things to escape my own pain.  Every complement is like a knife...twisting and hurting and highlighting that they don't have a clue who I am or how I struggle.  They don't see me as an individual, a sexual being, an attractive person...I'm part of a pair, a non-entity, and perceived by some - a privileged person. 

I'm usually the one that notices the pain in others around me and tries to encourage them...a note for Valentine's Day or birthday, an email or deliberate complement...an introduction that highlights their strengths or smile or personality to another...the small things that help most people stand a little straighter and go forward with their lives or accept another

I know the song, it's a beautiful song. [by Blain Larson for any interested parties]

"how do you get that lonely, and no body knows"

This all goes back to the idea of the "sane face" for me. There's a mask you put on when you're around other people, you work towards hiding your illness, your feelings, your whatever from everyone else- whether you know it or not. It sounds like you function pretty well, no one has any reason to suspect there's a damn thing wrong.

People who don't go through what we go through are clueless when it comes to these feelings. We may feel like it's painfully obvious, like anyone with eyes must see it written across our forehead in bold letters. Maybe that's because we wish it were that way, because we wish someone would come and rescue us. But it's not, as long as you're struggling along the way you are no one's going to see it, you're going to have to cry for help first.

If there isn't anyone close to you you can talk to, you could try looking for a support group in your area.

Archived