CrazyBoards.org

Today i drank probably 40 oz water less than i do everyday.......woke up way late etc...........i need to get my lithium level checked.

should i wait until Tuesday...........

so that I have a test with normal fluid in me, or wont it make that much of a difference.

I dont want the doc to lower the dose because my level seems high, and it was just i wasnt hydrated

I never thought of it as much of an issue and I’ve had my levels checked many times, been on the same dosage pretty much since I started. I really don’t drink as much water as I should because otherwise I’m in the bathroom all day. I think what matters is timing. I was always told 12 hours after the last dosage is ideal. 

1 minute ago, saintalto said:

I never thought of it as much of an issue and I’ve had my levels checked many times, been on the same dosage pretty much since I started. I really don’t drink as much water as I should because otherwise I’m in the bathroom all day. I think what matters is timing. I was always told 12 hours after the last dosage is ideal. 

right, the hours matter, but hydration can greatly affect levels

Good to know. Never been mentioned to me since I started 6 years ago, but a lot of things aren’t mentioned unless you ask.

Okay. I agree, just saying it was never mentioned to me. People said drink more water but never anything else. I do have some experience taking lithium too, I have been on it many years with no alteration in dosage or levels regardless of how I go to tests. I just get it on time. So it can’t be that sensitive. 

I don’t know if I am or if I am not or if my experience applies to others. I just know my own experience and that’s it. 

• Like 1

Personally, I'd put it off for a day and make sure I'm hydrated. Not drinking enough water makes me really dried out.