CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bimbo Bear

Wondering if OCD is Back

Hey there. I'm Bimbo Bear and I suffer with Purely-Obsessional OCD. My OCD primarily shows up in intrusive thoughts and obsessive actions, but I've got it all under control now... or... at least that's what I thought, but now I'm not so sure.

Recently I got into the habit of looking into Catholicism and there's nothing wrong with that but... I find myself spending more and more of my free time looking into Catholicism and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe this is something more than just mere curiosity? I'm obsessively trying to learn more and more about the religion, not wanting to take any breaks, and going over subjects over and over again as if there's some information that I'm missing (and trust me, there's not). Not only that, but now I'm starting to want to pray the rosary more than once a day (maybe twice or even thrice) and I feel the need to take frequent baths and brush my teeth a lot more than usual. I just feel like I need to be cleansed of something. I want to be as clean and pure as a freshly mopped and polished floor (a silly analogy, but you get the picture, right?).

I might need to talk to my therapist about this. I'm starting to get worried.

8 hours ago, Bimbo Bear said:

I might need to talk to my therapist about this. 

This is what I would suggest, and also let pdoc know.

Definitely talk to a  therapist about it but also it is my own personal experience and experience from reading other accounts that when someone first joins a religion it becomes a major part of their life because it has helped them and its natural that you want to learn as much as possible about your new religion. As long as it is not causing you to suffer, it seems okay to me but like I said, talk to a therapist about it.

• Like 1

you sound like me i get very obsessed about other faiths want to find out more and more about it  for me there are stuff from my past that triggers me into this  i think am going to hell i was told by an abuser i was going to hell 

am now wanting to be pure and clean and holy can i be holy want to be like Jesus want to be like the saints  struggling so much with this 

talk to  your pdoc there are some medications that can help you