CrazyBoards.org

I don't know anything about Nutrisystem, but all the ones where you have to buy your own food seem almost self-defeating. What do you do when you've lost the weight and go back to eating food from the grocery store? Hopefully they prepare you for that.

Personally, I praise Weight Watchers -- especially the program that you can download to your Palm. I've been using that and have lost 16 or 17 pounds in about six weeks. And I haven't been doing more than usual exercising (unless thinking about the gym qualifies?)

I'm curious if you do join, how you like it and if it works. Please be sure to post here!

Fiona

hey gwen,

my mother did the nutrisystem program about 10 years ago!  its almost like a crash diet from what i remember...works for the first few weeks and then you get so hungry youre just set up to fail. 

i would recommend WW.  it works for many, many people.

tal

I've had a bunch of success with Weight Watchers in the past.  It is a decent amount of work, with the writing stuff down and figuring out points - although it gets to be second nature at some point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have a Palm of some variety, this is really very easy now. They have a program to download that gives a daily tracking worksheet, and point values for 21,000 foods, as well as for an assortment of restaurants. It also gives point values for 100 or so activities. And it has a calculator where you can enter calorie/fat/fiber and get the point value quickly. You can even program a "favorite food" list.

Best of all for this little anxiety, can't handle strangers talking about food and weight, person -- the online version of the program never requires me to talk to anyone.

Fiona

(who doesn't cook anything more than turning on the oven or the microwave, or boiling water)

I feel that for the Nurtisystem food, you can TOTALLY do

something like it for MUCH cheaper.

I would look at what ever b/f was having for dinner,

i'd be having the same (store bought) food, and mine

would even have less cals/fat.

I mean, I'm sure someone out there would like it.

But thier's was just too much soy protein, it made the

muffins and soy chips gross.

The cereal was just normal cereal in little packages.

The gravys/sauces were watery.

Heya Supergwen,

Well, some of the staff have gone to the WW website and signed up, and gotten the info, and quit, and used the info themselves.

Dunno if that's okay with WW, but whatever.

Also the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) has a fantastic website with a tonne of dietary stuff on it.  Diabetes diet is not too different that weight loss diet, except that with strictly weight loss you can have more fruit.

I'm trying to go by that one, but it's hard, b/c cheese isn't a vegetable yet.

--ncc--

I'm trying to go by that one, but it's hard, b/c cheese isn't a vegetable yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheese ought to be a food group! And while I'm dreaming, something that plays well with MAOIs.  Soy and various "fake" cheeses are interesting and some are good when you haven't had the real thing in over a year -- but not the same.

Fiona

Archived