CrazyBoards.org

anyone end up using food to stiffle anxiety?

so oi just have this constant anxiety or something where i cant sit still or keep my thoughts in order or calm down and then , since i have an eating disorder anyway, i end up using food to dissassociate so i can escape from it ...    any good ideasof how you deal with intense highs/anxiety???

-amanda

Guest FrannyNZooey

so oi just have this constant anxiety or something where i cant sit still or keep my thoughts in order or calm down and then , since i have an eating disorder anyway, i end up using food to dissassociate so i can escape from it ...    any good ideasof how you deal with intense highs/anxiety???

-amanda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know Amanda, and never even wanted to connect the two.

But here I am sitting reading the Godiva picture explanation of each piece and acting as a child on treasure hunt. well was on Valentines day and several others.

Stress not so bad or rather not at all 1 piece put away and tell self what a good girl. more stress 2-3 pieces the ok still not so bad, but I am not in control.

Then the times I sat looking for each piece, as if in frenzy, starting to feelwill puke, I am sicken by myself the lack of control, the expensive golden box laid on floor ribbon all about.

I get up, toss it in trash, and retreat to bathroom.

Hubby wakes up next day where are box of chocolates, I give sweet smile while feeling ill, he lets it go.

Then I feel food is evil and do not want to eat for weeks.

I so wish I knew the answer, and no it is not out of vanity which have been told by pdocs and such as you could afford some weight there you know, as yes I look across and think could I say such to you as hell do you have second person in there?

I actually left such pdoc digging in my stash afterwards, something is not right here.

Aly

I can so relate. I seem to be doing this almost daily lately. I wake up anxious bored and a little hungry. before you know it, 1/2 a box of cap n crunch is gone along with some milano's and the last of the valentine candy. i spend the rest of the day feeling nauseous, eat small dinner ( toast) and the cycle repeats the next day.

i'm actually finding the computer to be my best salvation in this- its far from the kitchen- and i can't eat and type at the same time.

the reason i use food- simple - it works!! but it has in the past led to so many other problems from severe under to severe over weight.

i too am searching for alternatives!  ( one nice thing- i bought myself a book of my favorite comic strip- its also a nice distraction)

hope any of this helps- you are not alone!

Identifying with everyone, nodding my head "uh-huh." I use food when I feel anxious to make me feel better for a short while, then feel guilty about using food, ad infinitum. As a child, food was my first medication. I try not to beat myself up for it.

Archived