CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
dragonfly23

You know your bipolar when............

Not to minimize having bipolar disorder in any way.   But..........wanna have some fun?

Just finish the sentence:   You know your bipolar when...............

I will start and if no one plays I will play myself.  I am like that. 

You know your bipolar when.......you have been saying “I don’t know what I was thinking”your entire life. Like it should be a personal quote.

Your turn 

Edited by dragonfly23
  • Like 1

You are hosting a program on NPR called All Things Considered Simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When........you purchase a cowgirl outfit in the middle of the night.  Hat, chaps, boots and duster.  Oops I am scared shitless of horses and, well......I live near a big city.  Not so many horses or ranches around here. 

• Like 1

I have a question bout Bipolar, don't mean to derail...

But when you have mood swings, or episodes do they tend to happen hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly?

For instance if you go into mania, how long does it typically last and then how long do the depressions last?  Can you have mania for a day and then next day go depressed, and continued like this?

5 minutes ago, BrianOCD said:

I have a question bout Bipolar, don't mean to derail...

But when you have mood swings, or episodes do they tend to happen hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly?

For instance if you go into mania, how long does it typically last and then how long do the depressions last?  Can you have mania for a day and then next day go depressed, and continued like this?

Hi @BrianOCD 

Everyone varies. Rapid cycling is more than 4x/month, and people can cycle daily. I used to have mania about 1 x/year. I am more typically depressed. I have not had mania now that I am on the right meds, but I still get depression. (I don't think the depression is as bad, I used to cry for no reason, often)

Edited by confused

1 minute ago, confused said:

Hi @BrianOCD 

Everyone varies. Rapid cycling is more than 4x/month, and people can cycle daily. I used to have mania about 1 x/year. I am more typically depressed. I have not had mania now that I am on the right meds, but I still get depression. (I don't think the depression is as bad, I used to cry for no reason, often)

So some people can actually go from mania to depression to mania within a day or hours?  That's sounds rough...

For me all of those can happen.  Hourly, daily and weekly is sometimes called rapid cycling,   I have heard it called mixed.  Basically moving between mood states rapidly.  It’s hard.  For me it is the most dangerous part of having BP.   I have had mania last months.  I have had it last weeks.  There is a weaker cousin of mania called hypo mania.  I think it’s most common with bipolar 2.  Mania full blown is incredibly damaging.  It can be accompanied by psychosis. Hypo mania usually is rapid and forced speech, lack of sleep, physical agitation, flight of ideas, impulsive decision making.   I have had depressive episodes last months and months or weeks.  

Does that help 

1 minute ago, dragonfly23 said:

For me all of those can happen.  Hourly, daily and weekly is sometimes called rapid cycling,   I have heard it called mixed.  Basically moving between mood states rapidly.  It’s hard.  For me it is the most dangerous part of having BP.   I have had mania last months.  I have had it last weeks.  There is a weaker cousin of mania called hypo mania.  I think it’s most common with bipolar 2.  Mania full blown is incredibly damaging.  It can be accompanied by psychosis. Hypo mania usually is rapid and forced speech, lack of sleep, physical agitation, flight of ideas, impulsive decision making.   I have had depressive episodes last months and months or weeks.  

Does that help 

of course, thanks for info, and glad to hear you are doing well

Edited by BrianOCD

Getting back on track.......and I warned you I would play this by myself. 

You know your bipolar when..........

you attempt to rewire the building you work in so piped in music will work. In high heels, climbing on ladders and utility sinks and having no idea how to even wire your own tv.  Then having a co worker lead you back to your office and telling you that you need to take a break now. 

You can write all night for months and then be dry for 6 months. Where is my muse?

• Like 1

Your husband has to, gently but nonetheless physically, stop you from painting over the windows in the bedroom because the goddamn motherfucking sun won’t just fuck off and leave you alone so you can get some fucking sleep.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, confused said:

You can write all night for months and then be dry for 6 months. Where is my muse?

my fiance relates to this quite well, he writes a lot. well, we both write fanfiction.

You buy a car after dinner.  It’s manual, I can’t drive manual.  

14 hours ago, Gearhead said:

Your husband has to, gently but nonetheless physically, stop you from painting over the windows in the bedroom because the goddamn motherfucking sun won’t just fuck off and leave you alone so you can get some fucking sleep.

Lmao 

When one day you're having the best day of your life and the next everything falls apart. 

You have God juice running through your veins and you believe you are suddenly on a mission to save the world with your new powers and energy! Because, well, the voices said so!

• Haha 1

You spend $300 on fabric and thread and batting and tools, etc. from a boutique shop and you are going to sew a king size quilt! You have zero sewing experience. You have no idea how to work the sewing machine your husband owns (if it still functions that is). But gosh darn it, this quilt will get done in a day! (Looking at the fabrics I chose now, hideous! The combo is hideous! Wtf was I thinking?)

When you lose your camera on holidays and go to the store and, buy 5 identical cameras...just in case you might lose one again.....

You begin coloring because Tdoc thinks it will be grounding and end up with over 500 hundred colored pencils .  There is a color out there I don’t have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dragonfly23 said:

You begin coloring because Tdoc thinks it will be grounding and end up with over 500 hundred colored pencils .  There is a color out there I don’t have. 

This made me laugh because I did the same thing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1