CrazyBoards.org

I'm not sure where to post this ... I don't have an OCD diagnosis, but everything I can find about contamination fears is about OCD. I don't know if this is OCD symptoms or part of my psychosis?

I have developed a feeling/belief that there is poison everywhere in my apartment. We've had pest control come a few times and I think the insect poison has spread and contaminated everything. Like its on our dishes and pillows and all over my child. I don't have any rituals around it because it seems like there is nothing I can do to combat it - if I clean something then the poison just spreads to the sponge or whatever I'm cleaning with.

Does anyone have something similar and how do you deal with it? Does this sound like OCD or more like a delusion?

14 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

Does anyone have something similar and how do you deal with it? Does this sound like OCD or more like a delusion?

I would suggest first of all, letting your pdoc know about these thoughts you're having , if you haven't done so already.

Of course I can't diagnose you, because I'm not a doc, but I do have very bad OCD,.....My OCD involves both obsessive thoughts, and compulsive rituals that I perform.

However, some people with OCD just have obsessive and intrusive thoughts, which is sometimes referred to as "Pure-O".

I'm hesitant to give an opinion about the exact cause of your distressing thoughts, so again, I really recommend telling pdoc, and see what he/she thinks.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Thanks. My therapist knows and I will tell my pdoc when I see her, or sooner if it gets any worse. Right now it's manageable. I'm just so puzzled by my brain these days.

• Like 1