CrazyBoards.org

Hi all. I'm in early remission of opiate abuse/addiction, physical withdrawal are gone,but psychological are not and start really bothering me, because i start to feel these intense  cravings for opiates, i remember highs and that make me feel hopeless. Feel like I had lost my best friend. How do you fight these cravings?

Edited by centaurus
grammar

Part of it is time. I don't crave as much as I used to.

When it happens, I find distractions helpful. I used to play a lot of intensive (intense?) video games. Or I'd eat things just to feel something else. Or I'd immerse myself in something, like going swimming.

Having friends can be helpful, too, because they can be distracting.

Good for you for getting past the physical withdrawal!! That part is huge! You're doing really well.

• Thanks 1

I definitely also spent a lot of time on reddit, and on sites like this one, when I didn't trust myself to leave my immediate environment, too.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jt07
      The story is here. It was also on our local news. I can't seem to find the exact study citation. When I do, I will post it.
      I don't know what to think of this. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say they were laying the groundwork to severely restrict or outright ban opiates given the current climate towards them.
    • By ztarrsbright
      So basically im dead inside.
      I currently being emotionaly dull, i cant feel any motivation or desire to live, despite that im still doing my everyday things, going to college, working out, doing my usual duties and chores.
      The thing is that i have an schizoid disorder, and im very paranoid.
      I posted in addiction because one of the most destructive things is my addction to many things.
      I smoke, not weed, regular cigarettes, the thing is that my parents think that i quited smoking but i dont, i wanna quit to, i hate it, and i hate it because my parents are well known religious leaders in my town and a lot of people know them and know me, when i smoke outside im always paranoid, i dont wanna live this way, my paranoia is getting worse but i always end up smoking again because my friends smoke and i always fall but i wanna quit.
      If my parents get to know that i still smoke they probably stop paying my colleges fees, a lot of people know them and can snitch on me.
      I have this fight, i cant keep going anymore, at the same time smoking helps me cope whit my side effectos made by my antipsychotics, but they dont understand, they always judge merciless even do im an adult in my twenties.
      Can anyone give advice, all advice is very helpful.

• By Poem
      Hi everyone,
      I had a bout where I drank everyday for a month. Super stupid I know. Now that I have been clean for over a month, I still find that I crave the occasional drink. How long did it take for others to stop craving alcohol? I started drinking last year, so am relatively "new" but can still put away 4 drinks a night without getting drunk. Any anecdotes would be helpful.
      Thanks,
      Poem
    • By morpheus
      Last 4 months since  I started new job, I have used codeine every 2 days at dosage 320-500mg. At first these doses gave me great buzz, relaxation and euphoaria (thought short lived), but now these doses just make me "normal". 
      I've tried to reduce dosage,but without sucess.
      Withdrawal  sets in after 24h after last dose. I can stand  physical simptoms (day 2-3 being the worst) , but cannot stand psychological simtoms - cravings,depression,anxiety. Which leads to relapse and so on.
      Maybe there are peoples who are ex users and can share their own sucess story.
    • By AcroJack
      I've been taking Abilify for about one month now and it's helping already in a few ways. However, I believe I'm experiencing something that might be described as "boredom" (I've never had issues with that) and intense nicotine cravings. I used to smoke and every once in awhile feel the urge, but this seems related to the medication. Anyone relate? Insights?