CrazyBoards.org

New to the Boards

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. This is my first post, as it took a while to gather up the courage to say something. I was recently diagnosed ( less than 6 months ago) at the age of 43, with Bipolar II, OCD, and anxiety not specified. I have had a hard time accepting the diagnosis, and am just coming to grips with the fact that I will need long term medication and treatment. Looking back at my life however, my diagnosis makes sense. Hindsight being 20/20 and all. I have recognizable episodes of hypomania that lead to a bunch of bad decisions. I have unreasonable fears and severe intrusive thoughts at times. I'm glad I found my way here, and am looking forward to learning from everyone.  

Edited by Texas gal
  • Like 1

Welcome. I had a very late diagnosis as well although it was considered depression for years prior to that. My hindsight is pretty much convincing me I need to stay on meds. It’s a struggle a lot of us go through. I hope you find the support you need here. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome!! I am glad you found us. I am sorry to hear about your hard time, but just know that we go through it here too so you can talk to us about it whenever you feel like. Right now, I am manic and in about 24 hours am expecting a crash, in fact. I have Bipolar I, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder without Agoraphobia. So I know anxiety real well, it is my nemesis! Anyway I don't want to ramble but I will just say hello an welcome! :)

Good to meet you, Texas gal. If you do a little digging you can find some of our threads on the wackiest things we’ve done while manic. Shame is not a thing we really do here.

I hope you like it here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By StarRice
      I wanted to introduce myself, try and get myself into this community. My main thoughts I can give about myself right now: University student, no hobbies I enjoy anymore, excited about Vraylar, and surprisingly no friends. My default is very negative. But hopefully, this place can be a hobby, and become friends? Sometimes I just miss talking to someone besides my imaginary conversations as I pace.
      Edit: Oh and I have Bipolar II, Major Depression Disorder, social/general anxiety. Have been on medication since I was 16 when things really went downhill.
    • By Mediconvert
      Hi;
      This is my first time posting, also.  I am 57 and I am diagnosed with PTSD, Dissociative Disorder, and BPII.  Interestingly enough I was diagnosed with the same diagnosis when I was seventeen. Then,  I was sent to live in a therapeutic community - not a good experience and they did not believe in medication.  However, when I left I believe my Dissociative Disorder and BPII were under control and I did not take any medication until I reached 52 and had a relapse.  I fought taking medication all the way.  Today I am on Lamictal 150mg, Latuda 60mg, Serquel 150mg., and Xanax 2mg.  I feel like a new person with renewed hope.  I cannot believe I fought taking medication for so long.  My life could have been much easier, much sooner.  Glad to be part of the board.
    • By anorable
      Hey everyone!

My name is Nora, I'm twenty-two, and I'm currently working part-time as a barista and a nanny. Eventually I would like to move to a commune in Virginia, then pursue a career as a doula and childbirth educator.

My offical, documented dx include dysthemia with major depressive episodes (rapid-cycling), GAD, psychophysiological insomnia, PTSD (and all the fun side effects that come with it), and EDNOS. I have had two suicide attempts (only one of them was serious, the other was in a moment of panic and I realized I didn't mean it). As a result, I've been psych-hospitalized twice.

I have a few issues that I'd talked about to a doctor, but treatment fell through. Those include BPD, paranoia, and depersonalization. I'm unmedicated due to being uninsured, and unfortunately I find other ways of self-medicating. I steer clear of alcohol because of family history, and it just makes me feel like crap. I use marijuana to help me sleep/raise my appetite during ED relapses, and I use clonazepam on a case-by-case basis during panic attacks.

ANYWHO I am excited to be able to talk to other "crazy" folks and share experiences, tips, etc. Glad to be here!
    • By Thirteen
      Hey! So, I'm new here obviously, and this is going to be my attempt at an introduction (man, am I awful at these! LOL).

"So, the Username, explain?": Thirteen, YES from the doctor on "House", but I also quite like the name. Plus, my first choice was taken, I wanted to be Batman. Shame. 

"That's fine, but what about the person behind the Username?": I'm known as "Julz" (pronounced "Jewels", but that spelling is hella lame), I'm 25 years old, a chick, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm a vegan (have been for 3 years), and I'm in a happy relationship of over 2 1/2 years. 

"So why did you come here?": Well, a friend recommended this site to me, actually. He figured it'd be beneficial to me, considering my mental health, and how it'd be nice to have a place where people relate to me.

"Mental health?": Well, I have Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm a bundle of unstable fun. 

"Anything else we should know about you?": Well, I guess I will have to fill out a profile so people can find out anything else they wish to know. 

That's me in a nutshell!   
    • By SFarmer9302
      Hi, everyone.

Just found this site via a search on Geodon withdrawal symptoms.  Relatively minor (having an small anxiety attack), so far only on day 1. I only made it to 80 mg before the side effects fully hit me.  

I was diagnosed in 1999 with Major Depression and possible mild ADHD or rather ADD, not hyper just easily distracted.  I have been relatively lucky and only needed to go to partial hospitalization twice. Both times within the past 5 years.  

Currently doing well, except for the Geodon withdrawal.  I have been on Cymbalta and Nuvigil now for 10 years-never got rid of the sleepiness and grey fog that I have when I get depressed.  Abilify was added about 3 years ago and with it came 30lbs.  So now my doctor is trying to find another med besides Abilify.  Looks like Saphris is the winner once I have gotten the Geodon out of my system.
      I have been on and off ADD medications, currently taking Adderall. 

Love that the site has a sense of humor.