CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
protectmepls

Terribly depressed. Seeing a new pdoc, how do I prepare?

I advise you to make notes. Write down your symptoms and what is causing you the most trouble. Also, make a list of all the psychiatric meds you have taken and what effect they had on you.

Use these notes to guide your discussion with the new psychiatrist and at the end of the session, give the notes to the psychiatrist to put in your medical history file.

Lastly, don't get too anxious over seeing the new doctor. Remember he/she works for you.

@protectmepls, In addition to what jt said above, I would also recommend getting all of your medical records from previous pdoc, and get them transferred to new pdoc....This could be very helpful to new pdoc.

I'm seeing a new doc for the first time next month, and that's what I did......I really liked my old pdoc, and did not want to switch, but I was forced to find another one, because previous doc moved out of the area.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

When I see a pdoc, I have a hard time expressing my feelings and being honest. What I have done is written down exactly what I want to say beforehand. I then read it word-for-word at the appointment.