CrazyBoards.org

Too panicked to go out!

Ever just get too paralyzed to leave the house? I know tdoc would have made me feel better but too much anxiet y to get there it not worth it. I finally made the call to cancel so i could go ahead and take a prn.

i feel stupod when this happens- can't even get to the thing thats supposed to be helping the problem Because of the problem!!

waiting for prn to kick in.

Ever just get too paralyzed to leave the house?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, yeah, and sometimes I have to just allow myself to stay home in (relative) safety. I'm glad I have an understanding spouse and tdoc.

I hope the prn helped.

Peter

(((((((mrsloony))))))))

I also wonder that, what is it like to feel normal....

I've never been quite so paralysed as to not be able to leave the house, though I have been close, but I do understand intense anxiety and wanted to send my support.

It sounds that your anxiety was really bad yesterday....any idea what's triggering it right now? How's things today?

Any chance you can do phone sessions with your therapist on really bad days? Just an idea......

Ever just get too paralyzed to leave the house? I know tdoc would have made me feel better but too much anxiet y to get there it not worth it. I finally made the call to cancel so i could go ahead and take a prn.

i feel stupod when this happens- can't even get to the thing thats supposed to be helping the problem Because of the problem!!

waiting for prn to kick in.

Why couldn't you just take a benzo (I assume that's what you mean by prn) and then go?

thanks for the support nestling. and velvet- i just didn't feel comfortable driveing after taking benzos.

i do feel better today, but then i didn't have anywhere i had to go. i don't know why it happened yesterday- it felt kind of like the panic i used to get when i had a job- ( ended up getting fired because this happened too many times)

and i had to go out the day before-and i usually don't have to two days in a row. omg this sounds so pathetic as i read it!

;)

I have Been DIFFERENT FOR 10 YEARS NOW AND I DO NOT FEEL GUILYTY ABOUT RESCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT..

i HAVE RESCHEDULED 2 AND ONE WAS DONE FOR ME.. BY THE DOC.

SOME TIMES I AM LOW AND I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK..  A WASTE OF TIME.

3 APPOINTMENTS THIS WEEK AND ALL THREE CANCELLED.. NEXT WEEK WILL BE BETTER NO SHAME.

I need to refoccus..

.. frosty

thanks frosty. Big problem for me with cancelled appointments: have to pay out of pocket for last minute cancellations ( not even so last minute 24-48 hrs notice required). insurance only pays if you actually show up.

This being afraid to leave the house could get real expensive!!

Heya mrsloony,

Yah I don't feel safe driving after Lamictal either.

Anything in particular that stopped you?

And.

I'm still trying to tell myself it's okay to not go to something, sometimes.

DH tells me after the fact I should have canceled, but I just don't buy it.

Sucks to have to pay for missed sessions, and I also wonder if you can do phone sessions instead.  Strikes me as resonable in the case of therapists.

(FPs in Ontario don't get paid for phone consults, but therapists can bill for them.)

Next time you do go in, be sure to bring this up.

--ncc--

I've done this too.  I hate having to do it, but there are times when I just can't make myself get up and out of the house.

I don't like to drive after taking benzo's either. Last week we had a snowstorm while I was at work and I had to drive home in it. It was awful, because driving in the snow gives me panic attacks, but I was afraid taking ativan could slow my reaction times down.

I've had tdocs who were willing to do phone sessions. It's not quite the same as being there, but it's better than nothing. It also helps my relationship with the tdoc, makes me feel like they're more willing to work with me where I am emotionally.

My current tdoc is great about letting me cancel at the last minute, no charge. I had to cancel a few weeks when I had a bad reaction to a new med (sort of ironic, that). No phone session, since I was so out-of-it.

Peter

Thanks everyone for responding. yeah- i don't like taking benzos then driving- though honestly it would probably be safer for me to take them and drive. i think my anxiety screws with my focus and reaction time.- the meds might help but i'm afraid either way.

Sometimes i get like this if someome is expecting something from me, but mostly its about being in the car. i see hear and feel accidents all around me. all the time.

this has been the most awful way to live because it has such a hold on me- its like the panick decides for me where i will and won't be able to go! Sometimes it is so strong that even if i'e taken meds it overwhelmes me anyway.

Thanks everyone for responding. yeah- i don't like taking benzos then driving- though honestly it would probably be safer for me to take them and drive. i think my anxiety screws with my focus and reaction time.- the meds might help but i'm afraid either way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to take a klonopin before I drive or I am absolutely terrified>  This has only been the last couple months.

Tommy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to take a klonopin before I drive or I am absolutely terrified>  This has only been the last couple months.

Tommy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have to take Klonopin to drive, only to deal with people I don't know well. I feel kind of isolated and protected in the car most of the time. It's once I get out and have to deal with the world that I have difficulty.

Archived