CrazyBoards.org

Seroquel & Clonazepam = Sleep Miracle

and now for a hopefully helpful post from me, for once :)  i have had some sleeping issues for several months, some natural and some due to my meds.  wellll, i tried all kinds of sleep stuff (ambien, lunesta, trazadone, zyprexa, seroquel, etc).  seroquel at 25 mg was ok but had me tired all the next day.  seroquel at 12.5 mg didn't quite do it, though.  so the other night i took seroquel 12.5 mg + clonazepam 1 mg.  after about an hour, i started feeling groggy.  my mind was an empty place, just as it needs to be for me to be able to sleep.  and then, suddenly, i was asleep.  missed the last 15 minutes of dancing with the stars, but it was a GREAT sleep.  i woke up after 9 hours knowing i could get up if i wanted to, but i slept an extra 2 hours to make up for the lack of sleep the night before.  so anyway, i recommend giving it a try :)  i can't do this combo every night otherwise i'd run out of my clonazepam, but every now and then it will be good to get a nice sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Seroquel is the shiiiiiit for sleep!  No amount of benadryl or lunesta could even touch my sleep disorder (delayed onset and waking up 9000 times) but since I started seroquel, I sleep like a log and maybe get up once to go pee but fall back asleep within what feels like 30 seconds....

woo hoo! ;)

i found seroquel at 50 or 25 mg - but esp. 50mg, created some restless leg side effects. the clonazepam cut this out for me. i had to check with dr. that these two together were ok, and they were.  i would take the K if the legs were bad, so, not every night. i'm not taking anything for sleep for a few weeks now, but if i did, this would be it.

yeah, good combo.  ;)

pj

Archived