CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
dancesintherain

migraines when you're away from home

so if I'm at home, I have a fairly decent routine down for getting through a migraine...dark lights, cool room, use heating neck and shoulders thing, take an imitrex or treximet, and try to rest. 

what do you do when you're not at home?  I've tried some general modifications at my office (phone on mute, stopping email alerts, drinking lots of water, taking tylenol extra strength, having caffeine, which usually is a helper for me), but I can't turn the lights off because I have an office mate.  Can anyone think of things that I'm forgetting to do?  Any strategies that help you out?

Honestly, if I start getting a migraine, I go home before it gets so bad that I can't. I won't be able to work anyway, so better to get home and hide in my dark, cool room. However, I live only 12 minute drive from work so it's not like I have to muscle through a long commute or something. 

I don't get migraines frequently enough to be on RX meds for them, though I'm considering it. I do keep some Excedrine Migraine at my desk though, to take on spec. It's tylenol, aspirin and caffeine all in one, and can be quite effective if I catch things early enough.

I'm glad that you got out of the training, given the migraine! Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks Geek!  I’m glad my supervisor let me out early because it just got worse.  I now have treximet with me (imitrex plus naproxen sodium) just in case.  I figure if I’ve gotten one the past two days, it’s a possibility it will happen again today.