CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
sonicwhite

My lot for being a Christian

I feel so cut to the heart by non believers when I try to show love instead of hate. 

All i I try to do is show them that there is a better way. That you can be free from drug addiction or whatever addiction has you. 

When others respond and say say we don’t believe in God and just leave me alone, I feel so bad. Like all I want is for them to experience that peace and joy that comes from giving your life to God. I know many of them have been hurt and blame God. Some don’t want to experience pain I’f they feel if heaven is true than maybe a love one is not there. 

I get it. I understand. But the most wonderful experience happens when you give your life to God. God knows had to help you handle your pain. I know He sure helped me when I was in the pit of remorse and felt no love, He loved me thru it all and put a new song in my mouth. 

Its not not my job to convict ppl of sin. It’s the Holy Ghost job to do that. As a believer I’m to love one another. I just wished I wasn’t cut so bad by so many. 

• Confused 1

While I know your heart is in the right place, I've been told by countless people, doctors included, that what I truly need to treat my crazyhead is a big white guy in the sky.  I know that they, much like you yourself, believe that this is the case, and I don't begrudge you your belief, but when someone tells me that prayer, God, sunlight, better diet, sunlight, or better sleep is what I 'really need' to get my head together, I immediately shut down because I feel that my unique set of issues isn't being heard, and that the other person is just talking to hear themselves speak whether or not that's actually the case.

I understand and respect that prayer gives relief to many people, but I and many like me are not among them.  Learn not to take it personally when someone brushes you off - it isn't about you - spirituality in its many forms is a very personal, very private experience.  You can offer what you think of as help, but don't be offended when someone doesn't immediately become an empty vessel for your words to fill.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sonicwhite said:

I feel so cut to the heart by non believers when I try to show love instead of hate. 

that's not what you're doing; you're proselytizing. 

All i I try to do is show them that there is a better way. That you can be free from drug addiction or whatever addiction has you. 

are you only speaking about people with substance abuse issues, or do you think that mental illness is an "addiction" that you can be free from if you become a theist?

When others respond and say say we don’t believe in God and just leave me alone, I feel so bad. Like all I want is for them to experience that peace and joy that comes from giving your life to God. I know many of them have been hurt and blame God. Some don’t want to experience pain I’f they feel if heaven is true than maybe a love one is not there. 

no. that's not it at all. i was raised without religion. i have no attachment to it. but i don't want to be hassled about it. go about your day, thank you. i'm neither worried about where my loved ones are (the dead ones, i presume?) nor do i blame god. that's...that's gibberish to me.

I get it. I understand. But the most wonderful experience happens when you give your life to God. God knows had to help you handle your pain. I know He sure helped me when I was in the pit of remorse and felt no love, He loved me thru it all and put a new song in my mouth. 

wait, wait, wait! no, you clearly do not get it. you do not understand. you're attributing falsely people's reasons for just not wanting to be bothered by hearing your rhetoric. it's divisive and really has no place in casual conversation, in my opinion. plus if you do think it's a cure for mental illness, you're dangerous to some people with mental illness. i get it if you actually believe, but recognize telling people they'll be all better if they find your god or follow it is irresponsible if people are prone to being unstable without mental health treatment.

Its not not my job to convict ppl of sin. It’s the Holy Ghost job to do that. As a believer I’m to love one another. I just wished I wasn’t cut so bad by so many. 

not to worry, you're not an appointed judge in my perspective so you can't really convict me of anything. you're basically acting like a martyr for your cause. if your deal is proselytizing, own that shit and stop being all deeply wounded when people don't want your stuff projected onto them. if you're really into the god thing, just be into that. or be about forcing it on people, but you can't act all naive that that's what you're doing. 

my responses are in bold above. i hope you don't suffer anymore, but also it seems you're bringing the suffering on yourself and building a straw man--painting a completely inaccurate picture of non theists. 

Edited by mellifluous
  • Like 6

No I never said it was a cure for M I. I do believe in DSM5 diagnosis. 

I feel as tho I just can’t get ppl to see what I experienced. I want them to share in that same joy. 

Jesus talked about in a parable do not throw your pearls to ppl because they will stomp on them then tear you to peace’s. I don’t go on and o. 

Im trying to love. I’m trying to fulfill my duty as a Christian. Whether you’re Christians Jew or Muslim I want you to know that I love you. That I want you to come see what I see. 

Im not allowed to preach on here so I can’t stand on any ground but please just know God Loves you!

• Haha 1

Lord, please take it all away. The pain it causes makes me wish I could fade away. 

Please understand folks im out of love and unconditional compassion that I want you to see the true light. 

Unfortunately I can preach here but if any of you have questions feel free to PM me.

Can’t preach.

Here's the deal, Sonic. People here have a whole range of beliefs. Many come from different faith traditions. I myself come from a different Christian faith tradition. Not everyone is an evangelical. It is WRONG for you to assume that because someone is not an evangelical then one is an non-believer. However, there is nothing wrong with being a non-believer. I came from a different Christian faith tradition (as I mentioned), but I have since become agnostic.

I'm glad that religion gives you so much comfort in your life. That is important. But please stop preaching and proselytizing here. We all come here for mental health support, not to be preached to.

• Like 5

I’m sorry for preaching. I know we all suffer from Mental illness. I hope we all can recover one day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sonicwhite said:

No I never said it was a cure for M I. I do believe in DSM5 diagnosis. 

I feel as tho I just can’t get ppl to see what I experienced. I want them to share in that same joy. 

Jesus talked about in a parable do not throw your pearls to ppl because they will stomp on them then tear you to peace’s. I don’t go on and o. 

Im trying to love. I’m trying to fulfill my duty as a Christian. Whether you’re Christians Jew or Muslim I want you to know that I love you. That I want you to come see what I see. 

Im not allowed to preach on here so I can’t stand on any ground but please just know God Loves you!

i'm glad to hear you don't think your religion is a cure for mental illness. it sounded that way (or was at least ambiguous) in your opening post. 

have you spoken with your spiritual leader about these troubles you have when people reject your advances? maybe that person could offer insight. personally, i don't understand why, if there's this magical light and love and so forth...why is that not enough for you? why do others, especially those who aren't interested or investing in "seeing what you see" matter so much? don't you respect people's right to refusal of your beliefs? 

you say in the next post, after the one i quoted, that you just want people to "see the true light" and i find that to be a pretty dismissive, arrogant statement. how do you know we don't see "the true light" and it's different than what you believe?  

it just seems like your faith, i would hope would ease your pain, but sounds like it's a source of pain because not all others share it. i should think your spiritual leader would have some guidance for you if you present the problem. 

i hope you feel better soon,

-melli

• Like 1

Sonic, I've known you for years, and I know how much your faith and your experiences mean to you, and I know that you want to help. But I need to point out, gently, that when you start to talk like this, you're in a bad way. I'm not implying that your experience of God is false, but when it comes upon you to start preaching, it means that you are getting sick and need to see your doctor for a med check.

• Like 2

I’m fine. I can’t preach here so I don’t have any ground or Authority to speak. 

I will I’ll just let it go.