CrazyBoards.org

I've locked myself out...

Normally I am really careful about locking my bedroom door and putting my keys in my bag before I go out the flat and then the front door...

But today, I got out of the flat and for some reason thought about my keys. I looked in my bag, and, hey presto, they're not there. ;)

I phoned my home number from my mobile, to leave a message for my flatmate to call me when she gets in.

I'm going to be out for a few hours, but....

Just before I left to come out, I was feeling agitated, not quite right, almost dissociated, and I must have actually 'gone' for a few moments.....

I feel kind of lost, powerless, alone, scared..... :)

So your apartment is unlocked?  Could you call the building's superintendant? 

If you're simply locked out, all you can do is continue to leave messages for your flatmate (perhaps another one on the machine, and if there's no response by the time you're back, a physical note on the door), or maybe find someone else who can let you in (landlord, superintendant, random jack-of-all-trades fix-it man who happens to be working on another apartment that day).  Then make yourself comfortable on the outside until you can get in. 

I've been locked out before.  It is stressful, but it's a temporary stressor. 

If it cheers you up at all, I set my bathroom on fire last night.  D'oh.  ;)

the flat is locked, my room may not be.

there's only 3 flats, its a converted house. I have to finish here and then shop.....

I can't go to the letting agents, as I'm only a sub-letee, my flatmates are the official tenants.

I'll just have to hope and wait. I'll call before I leave to go home....and if no response I'll just have to ring the other 2 flat's doorbells, and failing that, wait and hope. Its very cold today though...

Heya nestling,

Glad you're back in.

A buncha years ago as a med student I locked myself out of the place I was subletting.

Sat outside in the dark and the cold for hours, wearing scrubs, which are *not* warm.

*Never* crossed my mind to knock on the next-door neighbour's door.

Then someone there took pity on me and came out and asked me in.

Turned out they had a key.

They also fed me dinner.

Freaking schizoid crap.  Likely still wouldn't cross my mind.  Lucky I now live in a place with a security guy who can let me in.

So anyways, glad you're home ;)

--ncc--

Normally I am really careful about locking my bedroom door and putting my keys in my bag before I go out the flat and then the front door...

But today, I got out of the flat and for some reason thought about my keys. I looked in my bag, and, hey presto, they're not there. ;)

I phoned my home number from my mobile, to leave a message for my flatmate to call me when she gets in.

I'm going to be out for a few hours, but....

Just before I left to come out, I was feeling agitated, not quite right, almost dissociated, and I must have actually 'gone' for a few moments.....

I feel kind of lost, powerless, alone, scared..... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get this way as well when I misplace my wallet or my keys, I go blank  :embarassed:

Archived