CrazyBoards.org

Yeah ... since i was pushed up to 250mg ... my nails have been growing a lot faster.  And its irritating, gets in the way of playing my guitar.  And I never remember to cut them until I really notice that I need to ... and then I forget again. (Damn my bad memory! :-)  )

Yeah, and my hair fall out; however, I'm still hoping the hair loss is due to menopause and that the new hormones I'm taking will help.

So, yes, my nails grow faster and are stronger. Don't mind one way or another, just keep cutting them. The hair loss, however, I do mind very much.

yes!

and i LOVE it.

i have been a nail biter since the third grade.  im now 25, and i finally have nails that i can paint and take care of.  theyre strong and beautiful and i loooooooove them.

tal

Everybody's been waxing fantastic about this nail growth thing, and I've just noticed it at 300mg!  I've got to cut these babies every single week!!! (2-3 weeks previously, at worst).

P.S.  Dylan - Can't you just use your nails as guitar picks, then? ;-) 

But in all seriousness, Dylan, do you get fine motor incoordination with Lamictal?  After every increase in dosage, I tend to mash keys on my keyboard and knock everything in sight over.  This is bad, since I've been wanting to learn guitar after I move (real lessons from an expert, trying to teach myself back when I lived in California was a roommate-deafening disaster) - and the only instrument I have good proficiency in is the trumpet, which has only 3 keys and 8 possible combinations thereof!

My nails do seem to grow rapidly, though I hadn't connected it to the Lamictal.

I just wish I was getting the strength part you're all talking about. My are still fairly soft, as they've always been. Sigh.

Incidently, any hair loss should get you to the doctor for a thyroid test right away!

Fiona

Incidently, any hair loss should get you to the doctor for a thyroid test right away!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done and done. And continue to do, more frequently now that I'm on Lamictal.

Thanks for mentioning it, though. I've got hypothyroidism and have been on thyroid supplementation for decades (geez...33 years now? shit I'm a old geezer). But it's always good to mention 'cause you never know who might be reading this and learning from it.

Yeah, and my hair fall out; however, I'm still hoping the hair loss is due to menopause and that the new hormones I'm taking will help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My hair came out in chunks at 300...so I cut back to 200.  The nail thing is a real thing though.

Gee, now that you mention it, my toenails have been driving me nuts, your post made me put two and two together and realize that I just have to trim them twice a week instead of once.  And I've actually been breaking fingernails more often because once they grow out I tend to catch them on things before I get them filed or cut, and they've got to be growing like 1/4 inch a week.

Speak of the Devil [and he shall appear].  I just painfully bent a nail unpacking a box... and realized I'd cut my nails down to virtually nothing less than a week ago.  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I wrote a thread about this ages ago...

I'm 27 and was a nail biter my whole life. Then one day I ripped a nail on a box I was opening. I hadn't noticed, but my nails were like fake-nail long! They're long and strong. I had and have no desire to bite them. I have a hard time keeping up with how fast they grow, like cutting them enough, but other than that I like it. I finally kicked that gross habit, no effort required! I think it kicked in at about 100mg and got more intense up to 400mg.

Oh God... I was reading this post a week ago and thought "nah, didn't happen to me, too bad". And TODAY I realize I have reaaaallly long nails. Even nails I've bitten down a week ago are now long.

Now, if I only could take care of them, they would look nice. But I don't.

Archived