CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone tried this? My appetite is light to normal during the day. But, at night, after a perfectly reasonable dinner I start craving carbs and sweets. If there's no ice cream in the house, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches do just fine. I haven't stooped so low as to make a chocolate sauce sandwich yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I don't want to take any weight loss drugs, since the ADs already raise my blood pressure, but clearly I need to do something.

Anyone here had any luck with hypnosis for weight loss?

Greeny

Greeny:

I do exactly the same thing:  sensible dinner and then I eat whatever I can get my hands on.

**olga pulls out chair in Greeny's thread and plops down to wait**

I tried hypnosis to quit smoking and it didn't work.  sigh...Maybe someone else did better?

olga

My parents quit smoking after hypnosis, no problem.  None of us lost weight from weight loss hypnosis.

I do the same eating-late-at-night thing.  I don't even eat dinner till after 9pm.  I can go all day without food, but once I'm in the midst of quality prime-time television programming, all I can do is eat.  Could this be related to meds?

Could this be related to meds?

I sure hope it is. I've gained forty pounds in the last year and a half. And yes it IS getting hard to smile. I am trying to hope that a reputable hypnotherapist could help me want to take long walks at night instead of eating. One would think I could just do this. But it doesn't seem to work that way.

Greeny

• 4 months later...

What I think goes on for me is that eating is just more fun and easier later in the, uh, evening. I can lie around, read, nosh on something, get a nice filled up feeling...

Earlier, I am kind of on the...hey the day is starting, let's get going, grab a latte (or something Petes if I'm on the left coast) get going and then wonder why I run down about 4 pm, grab something....then later, I want to seriously eat. Yes, pb & j, and sure, a chocolate sauce sandwich! Banana and peanut btr sandwich, and hey, add some mayo to that, no kidding.

It's a carb deficit later on I think for me that wants filling.

Does not help that I (this is so like, duh) really want a coffee & some nicotine in the am....

Luli

Archived