CrazyBoards.org

I ended up trying to leave the store with makeup in my purse. I had money to pay for it. I didn't need it. Had no idea why I did it. LP grabbed me before I even left, held me for 2 hours, had a city cop give me a ticket to appear. I've never done this type of stuff before.
Ugh.
As this is just the cap on top of unusual behavior for me, I went to my GP, who sent me to a Pdoc (I had been without one for like a decade) and he thinks I'm some flavor of Bipolar. Begged family for money to pay a lawyer. I've never been in trouble before so my lawyer is trying to cut a deal to keep this misdemeanor off my record.

My court appearance is next week and I'm terrified. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Edited by HaloGirl66PartDeux
making it more vague cause im paranoid

10 hours ago, sbdivemaster said:

If your attorney is still negotiating a plea with the prosecutor, and the prosecutor thinks a plea deal can be made, he could ask for a continuance of your appearance.  If you must appear, it will be the time when you make your plea - not guilty, guilty, or no contest.  Then you will be given a date for a pre-trial conference (more negotiating a plea).

Here's something that has more about misdemeanor prosecutions in Michigan:

http://courts.mi.gov/Self-help/center/casetype/Pages/Misdemeanor.aspx

Good luck!

He entered a “plea of mute” and I have “Arraignment/Pre-Trial” a week from today.

My friend's daughter was in the exact same situation as you (shoplifting, no previous criminal record), and what she had to do was pay a $500 fine, attend a class for shoplifters which was an all-day class, and do 40 hours community service........No jail time, but was on probation for 3 years.

If I remember correctly, she pleaded not guilty, and she had a pretty good lawyer.

She was convicted of Petty Larceny.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

• 2 weeks later...

So this is me back with my old username. Yay!

I thought things were going well. Last week had pre-trial, pleaded mute on the agreement that charges would be dismissed after I complete my sentence - which I think is going to be paying a fine, not having contact with the retailer, and taking a class, maybe a period of probation> I'm scheduled for sentencing mid-June. But I got a form letter last night threatening me with an arrest warrant for not being interviewed at the probation office. Nobody told me I needed to go there for anything, I followed all the instructions on the paperwork given to me. Waiting for my lawyer to get back to me :(

It does suck.

As does my lawyer. Got a frantic call when I was already at work asking me where I was and why I wasn't at my sentencing at the courthouse 30 miles away from my office.
Me: Um... Because my sentencing is set for June 13th?
Lawyer: But I checked with the clerk and you are on the docket...
Me: All my paperwork says the 13th.
Lawyer: But can you get out here if they can't move it?
Me: um, no. And the online docket has me on the 13th.
Lawyer: Text me pictures of all that
Me: (sends text, waits 45 mins for a reply)
Lawyer: Uh, sorry, someone told me wrong.

And then I got notice I was being laid off and my last day is June 15th. Perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Sentenced today. This is my 40-year-old-asses first offense ever for anything. keep in mind, I am getting laid off on Friday and will have no money or health insurance...

• 9 months probation.
  • Have to have my psych send monthly progress reports.
  • Have to spend 5 days in their work program which is basically working in landscaping or trash pickup
  • $1,210 in fines and fees
  • $275 in a civil judgement to Kohls
  • Not allowed in any Kohls or any retail establishment in the City of Livonia during probation.
  • Have to get court permission to travel out of state
  • Have to be gainfully employed or looking for employment
  • Have to get monthly pee tests (whyyyy?)

Because I tried to shoplift 2 blushes and a lipstick (I didn't even get out the the store so they are in perfectly sellable condition) from a Kohls in Livonia while hypomanic.
Seems kinda severe to me.
My job end Friday. Insurance end the 28th. I'm fucked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Schizfriz
      I always feel like I'm faking it. There isn't one part of my day where I don't feel or hear someone say I'm faking it all. The voices are always my own, though. but I don't control them. I never have. They are different versions of me that have completely different motives, morals, views, liking, hates, and personalities. But they are all me. And they get turns taking over my body. Is this schizophrenia? Am I faking it? Am I just completely crazy? I really don't know. I just go throughout life like this every day. I have to keep a journal to tell future me what I have done, because if I don't he will never know. I cant remember the most basic of things. I find drawings of weird things in my notes that I don't remember drawing. I find notes directed to myself; threatening me. I go some nights never sleeping and spending the night on my bathroom floor. I have random flashes of lightheaded-ness and vision blurs. I've recently developed a tick where I like smirk. I will watch myself do it in the mirror and I'll yell at myself to stop, But of course I don't. He now has just went out and has told people I'm Schizophrenic. How can he trust them with something that personal. They view me differently now, I know they do. How could they not? 
    • By ibreatheandcounttoten
      So these past 2.5 days I've had that really panicky feeling where I'm going to cry but then I don't and I can't breath because I'm so scared and then I'm fine and I can't function and suddenly I can. I don't know what's happening, I'm going to be going out with a friend in a few days and I'm out with my granddad tomorrow and I'm terrified I'm going to have a panic or anxiety attack when I am out. I'm so scared, I don't know how to tell my mum about it, and I'm at my grandparents house and they mock me for my anxiety. I've been looking for support on the #AlwaysKeepFighting community but that seems to make me more anxious which is a shame because I love that community so much (check it out, seriously). What's happening? What do I do?
    • By ibreatheandcounttoten
      So I play cello, and I have for nearly five years. I have played in two solo concerts and several times with an orchestra. My anxiety has been steadily growing worse and I average about one panic attack per week without any stressors but I have a quartet coming up and these freak me out because if I was solo I wouldn't mess anyone else up if I screwed up timing. In an orchestra of twenty or so people, I could sink out of it if I needed to. In a quartet, however, I would screw up the other three players. Even though I play the easiest part, I can't bring myself to even look at the music or else I panic. My mom said I didn't have to do the concert but I had to tell my teacher face to face why. To me, this is nearly as bad as going up in front of all those people because my teacher is amazing and I love her. After my mom said that, I started to panic again, thinking of all the ways it could go wrong. She might not let me be her student as I miss most of the solo concerts. I really scared and this has caused me a sh*t-load of anxiety and panic attacks. What should I say? What should I do? Please help.
    • By Tired and blue
      I use to be able to deal with my anxiety and panic attacks but I am sick with so much going on I want to scream.  I just want to put run them but that requires me to run and I have no energy. I just would prefer to cry and freak out I guess. Torment my husband with a million questions if i
      am going to die . Is it almost over.  I told him I want to check in to a hospital to leave . 
    • By ritapita
      I have recently been going through a lot of medication changes spurred by oxytocin induced insomnia.  I feel like I have finally come off of the hypomanic ride I've been on for the past year and half since I had to stop taking Lithium.  I am afraid because I don't know what kind of happiness I will have now.  I don't know if the happiness I felt for the past year has been true happiness of getting over my mom's death and getting rid of an abusive relationship, or if I was just hypomanic.  I am afraid of returning to the kind of life I had when I did not experience hypomania, the time when I was on Lithium.  First of all, I was not stable then and I am afraid of going back to that.  I am also afraid of a world where I don't feel happy.  I feel like I was dead before I experienced mania.  Will life just be dull and normal?  Any advice from someone who has gotten rid of mania and likes it?  Will I still be able to enjoy music?  Will I still be able to dance?  Will I still be able to feel connected to the earth, the universe, and others?