CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead

There’s a brand new migraine med

Talked to my psych doc today and he said to increase the Zyprexa by 1/4 of the 5 mg tablet.  So, I take 1/4 in the early am/ 1/4 mid day and 1/4 at night.  I addressed that I thought I was in the BiPolar spectrum and he disagreed, citing a general mood disorder. He's been stuck on that track since I started seeing him for this "mood disorder", 30 years ago.  He did say that I am on the correct medication for management of BiPolar anyway and he would not change my medication at all since I am not having any side effects from the Zyprexa and it seems to be helping me, however, he agreed I need to increase the Zyprexa and see in the next 7 days if I need another increase. 

Very spaced out today, dizzy, loud ringing in my ears.  With the visual hallucinations I have been having recently, I'm wondering if the Zyprexa is lowering the threshold for seizure activity as I noticed this when I increased the Zyprexa.  The only seizure control I have currently is Klonopin and that's not strong enough to manage my type of seizure.  I sent off an email to my seizure/headache doc asking for his opinion.  So, had to cancel my appointment for today and staying home as I can't think straight and feel as if I'm in another world today.

It's soo hard to differentiate what the symptoms are coming from............... are they from being triggered, or a migraine/seizure aura, or a panic attack with anxiety? 

Oh, it's soo fun to be me. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:46 PM, Dewey said:

Talked to my psych doc today and he said to increase the Zyprexa by 1/4 of the 5 mg tablet.  So, I take 1/4 in the early am/ 1/4 mid day and 1/4 at night.  I addressed that I thought I was in the BiPolar spectrum and he disagreed, citing a general mood disorder. He's been stuck on that track since I started seeing him for this "mood disorder", 30 years ago.  He did say that I am on the correct medication for management of BiPolar anyway and he would not change my medication at all since I am not having any side effects from the Zyprexa and it seems to be helping me, however, he agreed I need to increase the Zyprexa and see in the next 7 days if I need another increase. 

Very spaced out today, dizzy, loud ringing in my ears.  With the visual hallucinations I have been having recently, I'm wondering if the Zyprexa is lowering the threshold for seizure activity as I noticed this when I increased the Zyprexa.  The only seizure control I have currently is Klonopin and that's not strong enough to manage my type of seizure.  I sent off an email to my seizure/headache doc asking for his opinion.  So, had to cancel my appointment for today and staying home as I can't think straight and feel as if I'm in another world today.

It's soo hard to differentiate what the symptoms are coming from............... are they from being triggered, or a migraine/seizure aura, or a panic attack with anxiety? 

Oh, it's soo fun to be me. 

Hm, I am new to the "general mood disorder" terminology. But again I am not a doctor so I can't say that he is incorrect much less from the little info I've received from this page. Sorry for the disappearance, Lots of lovely -sarcasm- things going on in the life of de414. I hope your spaced out-ness goes away soon. That sounds no fun!