What are you listening to right now?

RisingRayne

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

new Indigo Girls song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHnYeXbI7GQ&fbclid=IwAR0PipqQzjNiHz6_axeM-KJt3k9Nz08_7dD0YUFPTvH8FMS7Ix-x9-ivMgQ

I wanna be that boy, I wanna be that girl
I wanna know what it's like to fall in love like
Most of the rest of the world
But as far as these songs will take me
Is as far as I'll go
I'm just a gay kid in a small town
Who loves country radio

A CD called "back in new orleans"  it is a compilation of songs by artists such as Professor Longhair and Dr. John

it makes me happy and reminds me of memories of vacations we have taken in New Orleans

Indigo Girls - country radio

"I wanna be that boy, I wanna be that girl
I wanna know what it's like to fall in love like
Most of the rest of the world
But as far as these songs will take me
Is as far as I'll go
I'm just a gay kid in a small town
Who loves country radio"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

slowly working through more of the weeknd's discography. i recognized a lot of the songs off of beauty behind the madness, guess i didn't realize how much of that album made it onto the radio. listening to kiss land now. it's interesting compared to his recent work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over 30 years old and still depressingly relevant. "We blame her for being there. We are all here, and we are all guilty." "We sit back like they taught us". I try not to sit back and I call people out for their misogynistic bullshit these days. I think men do need to stand up and say that this shit isn't OK. I'm coming across all social justice warrior again. I was talking about boobs and anal sex in my blog but I was doing it respectfully. Nah, I come out with some obscene shit but I hope I don't seem like an arsehole. "We blame her for being there". Such a damn powerful lyric. 1989 and still the same shit.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Three Days Grace's 2015 album "human". i thought i wouldn't like any of their work after the first lead singer left, but i realized that the guy who replaced him is from My Darkest Days, whom i also like. i read what their names are but i'm shit with stuff like that. so it's just the first guy and the second guy. anyway. good album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I must simply note the juxtaposition of Fluent's and Gearhead's posts immediately above. The mental transition from one to the other is not unlike dropping an ice cube into a vat of boiling oil. Also, in Fluent's example, a HEPA filter...wouldn't have been doing anything by the end of the programme.

I am listening to the tinnitus in my ears. As always. I didn't know it was there until I took a hearing test and they told me that what I had always assumed was the sound of silence was, in fact, a constant high-pitched ringing. Ignorance is bliss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Bogan punk? I like it.

O-kay, then. That gal is the poster girl for Mania, and I can’t decide whether she’s schizophrenic or merely psychotic.

I’m also a little confused about the other members of the band, who don’t actually seem to play instruments. Or sing. Perhaps they share the delusion that they’re all musicians?

But Amyl and the Sniffers? Really? Is it a joke, like some sort of ironic send-up of rock bands known for hardcore drug use? The amyl nitrites are on the relatively more harmless end of abusable substances.

I mean, it’s not as though they could claim to have performed a set, or even a number, whilst high on Amyl - the effect of a sniff is too brief. They would have to be holding little brown bottles under their noses during the performance. They could, though… they’re not holding any instruments…

21 hours ago, Gearhead said:

@Fluent In Silence, reminds me of early Hole, only with a better attitude.

Sure, anyone who didn't murder Kurt Cobain is probably going to have a better attitude. Mostly joking. They had some good songs. I saw a documentary about this but I can't remember the details. I think a professional wrestler was involved somehow. Or am I misremembering this fucking bullshit? It was George Soros. When people start making up bullshit conspiracy theories it's usually George Soros and the lizard people, and if George Soros ever decided to start a punk band then George Soros and the lizard people would be an awesome name. Or did a mentally unstable man shoot himself in the head with a shotgun? What the absolute fuck am I talking about here? Oh anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trigger warning again? I've watched women react to this and their reaction has been positive. Yeah kick the shit out of those arseholes.

--------------------

Moderator Edit: Actual trigger warning to persons with epilepsy, or autistic sensitivity -

This video contains flashing, strobing lights. Use caution if you choose to view it.

--------------------

Edited by Cerberus
Warning to epileptics and autistics re: strobing lights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put my radio on jazz recently, for my parrots 

I don't historically like jazz. But I left it going. And am having more and more "Oh, I like this 1" moments 

This one builds slowly, with a drum solo towards the end 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...