CrazyBoards.org

The whole idea was scary. So I did the research. By itself, toilet tissue, or copy paper, just bunches up in the mouth, to chunks that cannot be safely swallowed, and if so, would cause digestion problems. The human body cannot deal with wood based items. 

However, when the tissue is wrapped onto food items, the chewing process minimizes any risk. Plus it is exciting. I look forward to telling you more... Thanks. 

• Confused 2

Does your doc know about your pica? It tends to cause digestive problems, even when you incorporate food-based items as well.

I could stop doing this at any time. It was just a curiosity. According to the references, at least a month of continued behavior is required to establish  a real issue. We shall see. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, The20cenaddict said:

I could stop doing this at any time. It was just a curiosity. According to the references, at least a month of continued behavior is required to establish  a real issue. We shall see. 

You are making this sound like a game and not an illness.

• Like 2

I have been doing this for years and can't stop. My whole life in fact. I try to spit it out when I find myself doing it but then I'm doing it again. At the moment I'm trying to chew gum to stop me doing it but I can't chew gum all the time e.g. at work. I have a constant sore throat, possibly from the bleach, and I know it can block up your intestines and kill you if you swallow enough of it. Gah. I don't know how to stop. Ideas?

Thanks for your response. As I mentioned, by itself, the tissue will bunch up in the mouth. Problems will result, if swallowed. Cutting into smaller pieces, and mixing with food is not an issue, at all. I routinely cover lunch meat with full sheets, for sandwiches. Chewing causes all to disintegrate, for an interesting taste. 

On the other hand, toilet seat covers are a different material. It will dissolve, eventually in the mouth for swallowing, but in my case caused irregular heartbeat. So stay away. 

An added interest is your pee. Ok, 95 percent water, but the remainder can be an issue, if taken directly. Mixed with other stuff is not an issue at all. I do not hesitate,  to dip food items into it, providing a more interesting taste. Any risks are gone. You should try it. Enjoy. 

• Confused 2

It is a health issue. It is bad for you.  I don't know if you are doing this intentionally or not but either way, pica is a mental illness and you are trivializing it.

• Like 3

I used to eat notebook paper at school because my parents lapsed for a few years and never fed me except for one meal a day. But paper didn't become my Pica thing when my Iron bottomed out...it was soap. Specifically, dawn soap bubbles. I had a endoscopy years later after I had been forced to stop and my esophagus has permanent scar tissue. I am still not so sure why it was that specific thing even down to the brand but I know it was a tactile memory from childhood related to it. Pica can be resolved by fixing nutrient malfunctions for the great majority who get it. ?

• Like 3