CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else feel markably retarded while taking Depakote??? I'm only at 500mg a day and just started taking it but I feel stupid and totally lacking short term memory!!!

It seems to mainly mess with more subconscious operations. The one i notice the most is shifting gears in my car. It's an auto so the shifter is on the column, but since starting depakote I regularly try to shift with my blinker. What the heck is up with that. It's like I have to consciously think about every little thing I do, things I've done a million times!!

Maybe it's a byproduct of being so fatigued and tired I'm not really sure. Does anyone else feel this way taking Depakote?!?!

I've always had a high matablolism and not ever weighed more than 168 lbs so I never had to deal much with weight gain on meds. The most I ever gained was on Symbyax and that was a mere 8 lbs!! Generally I either become retarded or sleep all the time from most meds. Must be a predisposition.

<raises hand>  yes. me.  currently tapering off my whopping 500mg/day dose which i have been on since september.  i hate feeling this stupid.  it's like a constant state of what the hell was i just doing? 

it also did weird things to my hair, but ... the stupidity was just like ...

what was i saying?

The one i notice the most is shifting gears in my car. It's an auto so the shifter is on the column, but since starting depakote I regularly try to shift with my blinker. What the heck is up with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just have to say this made me laugh and I can't remember (because it's been such a long time, not because I'm stupid) the last time I laughed. I REALLY needed that.

I will most likely be going on one of these stupid drugs within the next few weeks so I guess I have that to look forward to.

Thank you.

It's like I have to consciously think about every little thing I do, things I've done a million times!!

Maybe it's a byproduct of being so fatigued and tired I'm not really sure. Does anyone else feel this way taking Depakote?!?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like me.

Guest Guest_zacharyodette_*

I'm on 1500mg of Depakote right now.  My mom tells me it makes me a little like a zombie but it is helping me with social phobia I know that.  It is also helping me concentrate on conversations without fading out.  I am up to at least 170lbs though, but also taking 800mg of Seroquel.  Oh yea, I'm on 100mg of Topamax too.  I THINK that helps a little with hunger, alcohol craving, and mood stabilizing but it's not very strong if it does.

Archived