CrazyBoards.org

Would you want to see/use a forum for girly issues?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see/use a forum for girly issues?

• yes, as a girl, i want somewhere other than my springer thread to talk about stuff like this
    • yes, as a guy, i don't want to have to read about all this bleeding and have to quickly scroll away
    • yes, as a guy, i want to vicariously experience womanhood.
    • plain and simply yes.
    • uh no, there's a pregnancy forum. what the hell?!?
    • uh no, there's a sexual side effects forum. what the fuck?!?
    • no, because this stuff is not to be discussed. ever.
    • plain and simply no.

there are many meds that impact our cycles, and conditions that our meds side effects will exacerbate or alleviate or interfere with;

there are issues with girly hormones and mood swings, to comiserate about,

physical pains that we might want to discuss;

horrid abnormal bleeding that we need support for and ways to deal with..

birth control pills would fall under here, pmdd issues, appropriate meds, PCOS, endometriosis, hysterectomy (ok this one borders on the menopause forum? maybe?) i'm no complete expert, cause i'm just a girl.

i'm tired of seeing these discussions always hedged around, interrupted by oops, let's not freak out the boys, oops, this got a little too graphic...

a place where the guys can come to understand but only if they want. of course they will interlope. but at their own risk. TMI censorship not allowed.

like a women's lodge, we can go talk about our crazy girlies. it's not private, of course, no nudity, of course, just a powerful woman space to share about this thing that intertwines with our MI.

but then, i'm no complete girly expert and i've basically checked the suggestion forum for whether this was already suggested.. and didn't find anything.

so? poll away kids!

pj

(as always disclaimer/apology for duplications, redundancies, or complete oversights by the crazy artist with the big bunny)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just .. um. realized i put two of the yes options for the guys. i didn't really wanna do that.  ;)

that's OK.  the ladies still have two. plain and simply yes, and the springer thread answer, which btw, you conceivably could use even if you didn't have a springer thread.

pj

Another random thought, there could be separate boys (If I'm a manly man, why am I lactating?) and girls fora (I am bleeding, hear me roar), maybe in the Your Crappy Life section. Meds and craziness definitely have physical effects.

G~

This has come up in the past and "no" was the answer.

The problem is that it's a slippery slope.  If we start making boards for one group then we end up having to make them for all the different ethnic and racial groups, etc.  So, there will be no chromosome based groupings lest we end up with groups for lesbian midget albinos and more sub-forums than Usenet.

Not that I've participated in girly talk here (yet), but I think it's a good idea.  But the reason I'm posting to this thread is to refute the Lesbian Midget Albino theory.  I think that makes as much sense as one of the more common arguments against gay marriage: Well, geez, if you let gays marry, next you know people will want to marry their dog!  One does not necessarily lead to the other.  And extrapolation should never be mixed with dairy products or consumed within one hour of bedtime.  (I have no idea where that came from.) 

it's always a good idea to freak people out.  ;)

i wouldn't advocate for a jewish ethnic forum or something like that. yeah. how kreplachs and depression don't mix. huh?!

or like a special thread for koro (cultural specific penis anxiety disorder).

but girly hormones are intertwined with MI. meds affect them. we could go to a generic menstrual hut site, but like the women who deal with menopause or men who deal with erectile dysfunction, our experience 'out there' trying to interact, when the issues are wrapped up with MI and meds, becomes a stigmatizing experience.

and women constitute around, say, half the population, and while there's no way (i don't think) of knowing the ratio of men to women members here on this board, this isn't about 1% of the members having a forum where they can talk about their special interest. this isn't something that affects only a small portion of our members.

sure a group for men too. i'm not completely sure what would be discussed there, but i'd certainly be a quiet interloper there.  :)

CS raises an interesting suggestion. this is all a suggestion, cause this is a suggestion thread, it's not a demand. the slippery slope argument, while compelling on some level, only serves to marginalize what in some way is a central part of the month-to-month, day-to-day lives of (many) members here.

the chromosomes are less important, in a sense, than the experience. sure, it's generally women XX's who experience the monthy auntie flo visit. but if men had periods i think they would be welcome too. 

either way, fora or no fora, we have to be brave enough to speak it even if people don't want to hear it. like transgendered people being brave enough to write on the gay lesbian bi board. the space is there, but will our members speak and others listen? my guess is yes.  lets not silence ourselves.

but girly hormones are intertwined with MI. meds affect them. we could go to a generic menstrual hut site, but like the women who deal with menopause or men who deal with erectile dysfunction, our experience 'out there' trying to interact, when the issues are wrapped up with MI and meds, becomes a stigmatizing experience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ALL hormones are intertwined with MI. Meds effect a lot of things. Things that would be said on a 'girly hormone' board could be helpful on a 'boy hormone' board and vice versa.

Another concern is males not being particularly welcome on a female centric board and vice versa.

Males and females have many hormone/medication sideffects/concerns in common.

~navy~

ALL hormones are intertwined with MI. Meds effect a lot of things. Things that would be said on a 'girly hormone' board could be helpful on a 'boy hormone' board and vice versa.

Another concern is males not being particularly welcome on a female centric board and vice versa.

Males and females have many hormone/medication sideffects/concerns in common.

~navy~

yes, but it is a rather exceptional mixed crowd where a woman can express how she's feeling about her period. and women do get that monthly hormonal brick in the head to remind them about it all.

i welcome such a thread.

grouse.

I used to be on an ADD board that had all kinds of separate fora. I didn't like it so much because I get confused and lost easily, and felt I wasn't really welcome in the mens' ones. So I'd stumble in by mistake (the post title looked interesting, so I'd read it) then begin to answer, then realize it was in a mens forum so maybe they didn't want to hear from a woman?

Since anyone can come in and read anyway, and since we have the trigger mark to warn the weak-of-consitution, isn't that enough?

Maybe we could just use a 'girlie-stuff' or 'laddie stuff' icon, so folks know what's going on in a given thread...dunno.

yes please....I have an *girly issue* right now and have no idea where to post it.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uh... :) i don't know where to tell you to post it.

but on my springer thread (and december's), we have been having those discussions. if you like, come on over. or PM me or something.

i'd say here, but that would be off topic. perhaps a good lesson, but this is your issue, not a demonstration  ;) like we are smearing blood everywhere

so i hope we can figure out a way to do this..  for now, there are spaces that will listen. feel free to threadjack on me!

pj

edited to add

~nestling~ found a place to post but the offer still evidently stands in it's place.

Archived