CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin 2 150mg's at 1 time?

Hi,

I have BP, BPD, GAD, OCD...

I take Lamictal 400mg 2x's a day, 300mg of Wellbutrin SR 2x's a day and 1 mg of Xanax 2x's a day.

I just started the Wellbutrin SR 7 weeks ago.

Today I saw my pdoc and we discussed that I am "level" feeling with no above and below feeling. I am someone that needs to ride the fine like between level and mania to 'breathe' in my life becasue if I don't I have no good days...I know the difference between manic and not manic and know how to contol that issue.

We talked today and she wants me to take my Wellbutrin SR in the morning 300mg, 1 Lamictal and 1 Xanax......then in the mid afternoon take the other lamictal and xanax...

** I wanted to drop the Lamictal to 200mg along with the Wellbutrin 300 2x's day and the 1mg of Xanax 2x's a day but she suggested me taking the Wellbutrin all in the AM together so that it would peak at it's high in the morning and be more subdued in the afternoon...I understand that but have never seen it documented to be dosed this way...

I was on Wellbutrin prior to a BP diagnosis and know exactly where it can put me with out a mood stabilizer which I am now on...I was being treated for depression then ----- HUGE ---- mania and had no clue what it was.....

I have always heard that Wellbutrin SR should be taken in 2 dosages no close than 6-8 hours apart.

I have done some reading tonight and I have seen many medication sites state the same.

***Has anyone here taken Wellbutrin SR in the 300mg dosage at one time???

Just curious for anyone's experience in this.....

Thanks!

Hi,

I have BP, BPD, GAD, OCD...

I take Lamictal 400mg 2x's a day, 300mg of Wellbutrin SR 2x's a day and 1 mg of Xanax 2x's a day.

I just started the Wellbutrin SR 7 weeks ago.

Today I saw my pdoc and we discussed that I am "level" feeling with no above and below feeling. I am someone that needs to ride the fine like between level and mania to 'breathe' in my life becasue if I don't I have no good days...I know the difference between manic and not manic and know how to contol that issue.

We talked today and she wants me to take my Wellbutrin SR in the morning 300mg, 1 Lamictal and 1 Xanax......then in the mid afternoon take the other lamictal and xanax...

** I wanted to drop the Lamictal to 200mg along with the Wellbutrin 300 2x's day and the 1mg of Xanax 2x's a day but she suggested me taking the Wellbutrin all in the AM together so that it would peak at it's high in the morning and be more subdued in the afternoon...I understand that but have never seen it documented to be dosed this way...

I was on Wellbutrin prior to a BP diagnosis and know exactly where it can put me with out a mood stabilizer which I am now on...I was being treated for depression then ----- HUGE ---- mania and had no clue what it was.....

I have always heard that Wellbutrin SR should be taken in 2 dosages no close than 6-8 hours apart.

I have done some reading tonight and I have seen many medication sites state the same.

***Has anyone here taken Wellbutrin SR in the 300mg dosage at one time???

Just curious for anyone's experience in this.....

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most I have taken was 250 mgs SR at once.  The prescribing info recommends taking no more than 200 mgs SR to lower seizure risk.  Could you switch to Wellbutrin XL the once a day formulation.  I take 450 mgs XL in the morning.

Katie ;)

Archived