CrazyBoards.org

Anyone out there on a high seroquel dose?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else is also on a high seroquel dose?

I was on 900mg/day, but my p-doc raised it to 1200mg this week, and we are going up to 1500mg in 4 weeks time (next appointment).

I take it for OCD, anxiety, and what seems to be some kind of psychosis.

It  works really well for me at the higher doses - 1200 is better than 900 was, and so on.

He is also getting me to use valium less frequently, on the premise that the higher seroquel dose will do the trick most of the time. 

Wow. That is a lot of Seroquel, but my husband only takes 500 mgs. It was making him too groggy and he slept too late in the day.

But it is his "wonder med" and he too had a problem for three years with psychosis. He is very med sensitive and so the lower dose works fine.

He has never mentioned getting high from it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Hope this works for you.

Breeze

A few days now since I made this post. Im taking 300mg/morning 600mg/lunch & 600mg/dinner.

Its making me very tired in the afternoon. Im taking a 4+hr nap every second day. 

I think Im going to try going back to 300/morn 300/lunch & 600/evening or something.  Got to do something. It works so well - makes me feel good about myself and blocks all the nasties, but I assume this much fatigue is overkill.  Its kind of like a mellow sort of stoned feeling - but my energy seems to rise and fall a lot. 

Tonight I had a bit of that postural hypotension when you stand up too fast and feel all dizzy - i couldnt feel my legs - it felt like I was floating.  Good but a sense of loss of control...

Or perhaps just a time in my life where I need patience to adjust.  Im good at advising other people to take their time on higher doses of medication, which is almost always the answer.  Not so good at telling myself (only a 1.5 weeks in here).  It can take 8 weeks to adjust to a significant dosage change (more commonly about 3-4).....

Tonight I had a bit of that postural hypotension when you stand up too fast and feel all dizzy - i couldnt feel my legs - it felt like I was floating.  Good but a sense of loss of control...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd worry about that postural hypotension.  Not a good thing.  If it were me I'd talk to my pdoc about titrating back a bit.

I take 600mg a day for BPII.  I've been at that dose for 3 years, and it works well for me.  If I don't keep moving in the mornings, I'll get some fatigue, but generally speaking, I don't have a problem with being sleepy.

I'd titrate up in a minute if hypomania/mania began to rear its ugly head. 

I hope you get things squared away.

I'd worry about that postural hypotension.  Not a good thing.  If it were me I'd talk to my pdoc about titrating back a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be careful too. I have written this more than once around these boards but Seroquel even at 200mg gave me problems with postural hypotension. Actually it was worse than that orthostatic hypotension I passed out cold from a standing position several times on Seroquel. I had no memory of what happened right before or after the incidents. I suffered 4 concussions while taking 400mg of Seroquel. Severe knocks to the head, nose bleeds, and lots of bruises... not fun.

Erika

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else is also on a high seroquel dose?

I was on 900mg/day, but my p-doc raised it to 1200mg this week, and we are going up to 1500mg in 4 weeks time (next appointment).

I take it for OCD, anxiety, and what seems to be some kind of psychosis.

It

The original prescribing information that the drug company supplied to psychiatrists was that the dose was not to exceed 700-800mg/day.

Recent testing and first hand feedback from psychiatrists about patients has been that higher doses and tolerated well without side effects.

Informal feedback from the drug company has been that doses up to around 1800mg/day are safe.

I stil feel like 1500mng is a lot, but it s working very well, other than a bir more fatigue than normal.

Archived