CrazyBoards.org

Confused Mixed Anxious State

This is getting really strange. I'm in a down cycle but not that depressed. I'm anxious but not that bad. However I'm very fatigued, but not irratible. I'm showing some signs of hypomania, like wanting to type and joke a lot, but darn it I'm in a down cycle. Is it possible to have a mixed state where I'm not angry and irratible? Maybe I'm just improving. ? It's confusing and for some reason concerns me, but I'll take it over depression or a typical mixed state. I've never been truly manic so that isn't a concern. Does this sound familar to anyone?

I think mixed states and anxiety can be almost identical.  I always thought it was just GAD, but nothing really helped.  I see you have the same problems as I do in your signature. 

It sounds VERY familiar to me, a feeling of slight hypomania, agitation but not irritability, just a feeling of unreast, unease.  I would pop a benzo (just did actually, lol).  It something were to trigger it, some kind of stress it would likely escalate into an ungly mixed state.  That's how it seems to work for me.

Being sunday, pop an ativan and watch the boob tube when it kicks in.

Go to bed early tonight if you have to work tomorrow.  That's my plan. 

Who knows what tomorrows mood will be?  Maybe a happy hypomania? 

Love,

Dee

I'm never angry when I'm mixed. My mixed is the energy to fuel my anxiety and racing thoughts, but the anxiety is magnified to a terrifying extent and the thoughts are self-destructive.

Mixed states happen in odd ways, and are different for everyone. Sometimes my mixed states are like the one you described, but more often like what I described above. I used to be DXed as GAD until the mixed state was "discovered", and then my illness was attributed to that and not GAD. The PTSD remains.

A lot of BP people have coexisting anxiety disorders, which are either attributed to or fueled by mixed states. I personally think my anxiety issues cause the mixed states. Perhaps yours do too?

A lot of BP people have coexisting anxiety disorders, which are either attributed to or fueled by mixed states. I personally think my anxiety issues cause the mixed states. Perhaps yours do too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe so. It's finally starting to abate now, but for most of this episode my heart rate was increased and I got skipped beats and "thumpers" even while on 40 mg of propanolol (my GP says heart is fine). But with all the coexisting stuff and all the drugs it's hard to sort things out. I hope it's not the increased Risperdal that's causing anxiety. It will take a few more cycles to really know.

Archived