CrazyBoards.org

Sublingual Benzo's & Extended Release

Hello:

In the United States:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) and Tranxene SD (clorazepate dipotassium) are available as extended release formulations.

Schwarz Pharma calls their alprazolam orally disintegrating tablets Niravam, just to help confuse things.

Hope this helps.

Todd.

Thanks, I'm running into a bit of a brick wall, having problems with high anxiety levels, and the fact that my mother, isn't exactley very well understanding of my mental illness doesn't help matters.  Also not being able to find a psychiatrist, and not having a lot of support from my mother doesn't help.

My psychologist thinks my medications need to be altered, my neurologist when I brought up the issue of a medication change kinda blew it off or that's at least how I interpreted things.  I quite frankly am feeling well directionless I suppose. ;)

Managed to get my General Physician to write me a script for 240 generic .25 mg xanax tablets.

*Sigh* I just don't know anymore.

XANAX XR is available in a generic now??? When did this happen?  OMG, well that ever save me some nice change!

not in all mg sizes though.  (at least according to my pharmacy, they are approved to make .5, 1, 2 and 3 but 3 is not in production yet)

Archived