CrazyBoards.org

Today, I feel like everyone is either greasing me off, or rolling their eyes at me. Including my cat!

I was at work (a deli), and I thought most of the customers were doing this to me. I almost yelled at someone "what the hell do you think is wrong with me" but I only muttered it under my breathe. I told my co-worker, who assured me they wern't doing that. I know that they can't be. It's strangers I feel this way about mostly. Sure, one or two people probably grease me off, but I felt like everyone was. *felt* being the key word. This always seems to happen when I feel down. It makes me nervous, like why are they looking at me like that. And even when my cat stares at me it makes me nervous! And, all I wish is to be someone else, anyone but me! But that's impossible. It's my personality I don't want, I don't care about my looks/body.

I hate it! I was feeling so good, yes so very good for the last few weeks! Today I wake up feeling like this. I hope this is just one of those 'bad days' people have.

"Greasing me off"-- is that Aussie slang?  I'm going to assume you mean something akin to giving you funny looks, which I can definitely relate to.  Paranoia fits are the worst...everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy or leaving a wide berth wherever I go, trying to avoid the Crazy Woman, etc.  Sometimes, frequently, it's enough to trigger a panic attack. 

It's good that you confided in your coworker (assuming he/she is the understanding sort).  Reality checks can make all the difference. 

I've noticed a correlation between paranoia attacks and depression, too.  The worse off my mood is, the more I loathe and disparage myself, the more loathsome and unhinged I feel, the more loathsome and unhinged others perceive me to be, or so the train of logic goes.

greasing is a great oz word. although i don't like it as much as i like "evils", like Vicky Pollard on Little Britain telling her kids not to "give me baby evils". hehehehe.

i get around the "everyone is trying purposely to fuck me over and piss me off" kind of moods by being greasingly, ingratiatingly nice. big fake smiles, supercilious facial expressions. because that scares other people as much as their nastiness scares me.

my mum says "be nice to your enemies, they'll really hate it". and it's true! it's the biggest mind-fuck on the planet.

hope things start to look up.

Hi Shinkei,

I will disagree with the others, you are being greased off!

By the cat.  You KNOW the cat is greasing you off.  Except when he wants his ears scratched or a bowl of food.    ;)   So keep him slightly underfed, and under scratched and he will love you all the time.

I don't think your customers are are staring daggers at you (I'm still uncertain of the exact context of "greasing off" to use it). Most people are too involved with their own lives to concern themselves with the "invisible" people who provide them services.

I dare say most of them are thinking about how long the line is; whether the cheese they want is in stock; whether they can pick up the dry cleaning before the store closes on the way home (see, they've already forgotten about the milk for the kids). :)

Sounds like things have been going well for you, but rough days are rough days.  I've found when dealing with customers, but I'm not feeling well, that it helps to make the effort to at least give them a pleasant greeting and set a positive tone.  People respond to that and you may get a smile or joke back that lifts you for a moment or two.

Hang in there,

A.M.

"Greasing off" sounds like something dirty.  I'll have to remember that expression.

When I'm feeling particularly down on myself, I tend to think that everyone secretly finds me really annoying, but they pretend to like me because they don't want to hurt my feelings.  I also think I'm not a good enough person to be anyone's friend.  What you have to remember is that your depression is telling you these things, but it is lying to you.  This makes sense when you're not in a depression, but you totally won't believe it when you are.

My mom says: "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you!"

~CS

I love this "greasing off" term.  I'm feeling the same way today.  Everyone is greasing me off and birds are shitting on my head when I leave the building.  I have big zits on my chin today.  Have they never seen a fucking zit?  I don't even know why I'm bothering to post here because you all are probably greasing me off too!!!

Thanks nestling.  Your a sweetie.  Ok, everyone but this board is greasing me of then, lol. 

Shinki, you've created a monster.  I'll be running around asking everyone if they are "greasing me off!!!".  I'm off to the bank now.  Banks always grease me off.  They'll put a hold on my check.  Bastards.

whatever you do dude, don't grease me off. i'm just sayin'.. and i don't know what i'm saying... oh well... back to the laboratory.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Lost,

Not to "grease you off" but have you come down yet?  Sheesh I can't imagine dropping acid now, although I did when I was younger.  I'm too crazy now!

Stay out of that lab!

Dee ;)

I used to feel that any girl I was attracted to was greasing me off. I think it probably wasn't true most of the time, tho it probably didn't help that I had very little confidence and dressed funny. Behind a counter, it's probably pretty hard to get most people to grease you off (assuming I understand the term) unless you are grimacing, smell funny (really funny), have dirt all over you, etc. However, I'll bet a lot of customers are just generically sullen in these situations. Nothing personal whatsoever.

Your cat is very unlikely to be greasing you off. They just stare. Who knows what is going on in that tiny little brain? I mean, we are talking about creatures who will suddenly jump at a spot on the wall. My gf and I have spoiled her cat completely. If I don't pay attention to her I'm likely to feel claws on my butt as I'm sitting in a chair in the kitchen or at my gf's computer. Particularly if its the one she (the cat) thinks is hers. The !@#$$% cat likes to sleep between us, too.

Hey grrl,

I fully understand your greasies.... i felt like that about two days ago...

I'm going thru cycles of recieving greasies/giving on and off right now... like today... if someone just accidentally bumped me i could've bitten their head off... i was giving ppl the death gaze.... "fuck with me and you're dead".

Anyway.... my point is, be the one on top - if they are giving ya dirties then give em back 'n better.

Juz

Archived