CrazyBoards.org

Rapid cycling

How rapid is rapid?  I had about a week of hypomania, couldnt' sit still, leg moving at all times, can't concentrate, wanting things to go fast, faster..hurry up and put that load in the laundry!  NOW, NOW, NOW!!!  I have a broken leg and can't take care of teh laundry or the kids or myself and my husband is driving me crazy being so goddamedd slow!  Hurry teh fuck up, turn on the oven, what are you waiting for, Christmas!  I could kick you into the second Tuesday of next week if you don't move faster!  If you were any slower  you'd meet yourself on the way back!

And the intense, obsessional fear of death the entire time.

Then.....

I can't get out of bed.  I wish I didn't exist.  I don't want to die or kill myself, I just want to not exist.  I want out.  I want my kids to have a better life, and without me in their way maybe they could.  But I won't off myself because of the damage it would do to them.  Leaden paralysis.  Sad.  Crying and don't know why.

Then a few days later back to the first paragraph.

BTW, I really do have a broken leg and can't do much at all, and that is making me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Waterfall,

That sucks so much! I'm sorry to hear about your leg and the emotional crap you're dealing with right now. The first part sounds like a mixed state, not a hypomania. Then the depression drop...are you BP 1 or 2? That sounds a lot like me. Have you ever had full mania? The thought rushing, energy raising, soaring heights without the irritation, anxiety, or doom-and-gloom thoughts? I think they DX 1 or 2 based on the severity of mania, but I'm not too sure. I've read before that the presense of a mixed state is indicative of a BP1, and then that BP2 people can have them too. What the hell is the difference anyway? I do know that BP2 people are more prone to depression, but still, BP1 people spend about 5x as much time in depression. I'd look into if you are DXed right and if your meds are right to control what you have, whatever it is.

Do you cycle up again into the mixed state, or into the hypomania, that being a toned-down version of the soaring heights and rushing thoughts stuff?

There are ultradian cyclers who go through cycles daily, or more frequently. I have "major" cycles, about 4 per year, and then "mini" cycles within those. So, I could be depressed for a season, with days when I am more okay or even mixed, with maybe even a hypo(manic) patch (lasting hours maybe), then back to my doom. There are a lot of people who cycle in weeks. Again, get a good DX and the right meds to control it. Personally, if you can handle and tolerate both meds, I love the combo of Lamictal and Lithium. It is rock-solid. No cycling, no weird moods, just me. That combo was what it took to beat down that BP1 in me! Too bad I can't do the Lithium anymore, or I'd be right there.

---Loon---

I believe I'm considered rapid cycling.  I don't have mood changes within the same day....but the same month...yes.  According to the DSM, I think the classic definition is 4 changes per year...I go thru MUCH more than that, but less than every day which I believe is considered ultratadian.

When I am cycling, I cycle rapidly al ay long, and I mean every hour or 20 minutes or so.  Its weird and tiring and no one seems to really understand.  My son  is exactly the same way.

I can feel it coming on but can do little about it except just strap in and wait for the ride to be over.  Thats whsy I am so grateful to be back on meds that prevent that, even if I am a zombie/no personality/no fun blob.

The ultraradian cycling (I am BP II) was horrid, a nightmare.

I would not wish that on anywon.

Chine, the boring stupid lump who doesn't cycle any more, but is just  not ver interestrung or fun---sugh--

I'm cycling like crazy too.  I think I am mixed.  I know how irritating other humans

can be at times like these.  It's like they're in slow motion.  It must be stressful

with the broken leg, and stress=cycling for many of us.  I hope things get better

for ya, how long until your leg heals?

I'm cycling like crazy too.  I think I am mixed.  I know how irritating other humans

can be at times like these.  It's like they're in slow motion.  It must be stressful

with the broken leg, and stress=cycling for many of us.  I hope things get better

for ya, how long until your leg heals?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, right now I'm two and a half months into healing.  I have a removable cast and use a walker to ambulate.  I can bear up to half my weight on my leg now.  It will be another month or two before I am walking unaided.  I tell ya, this has been the longest winter of my life!

Archived