CrazyBoards.org

I live like a pig...

yesterday, I hired my neighbors to help me paint the main room of my NYC apt (meaning living room, kitchenette, study).  They painted, I cleaned.  the more we looked around (moving stuff) the more apparent how bad I lived.  I rarely clean.  I have to force myself to do the dishes.  I know that it's bad and I know that I should be a better person, but depression has always hung on me, even on my best days. 

There is still so much to clean and I plan to do it today, but I'm only going to do what I can, not beat myself up for what I can't and reward myself later. 

i just needed to put that out there so I could remember and follow through. 

It's really, really hard to keep NY style (I'm in Toronto - same deal) teeny weeny apts clean.  There is never anywhere to put anything and you never even know where to begin, hence the pigsty syndrome.

I have 540 sq ft for the 2 of us.  It's impossible.

I got lots of stuff done!!  Yay me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rock on Judy! I did this yesterday. Depression is really an ass kicker when it comes to the domestic duties. Giving a shit enough to move, much less LABOR...ugh.

Good for us! Of course for everyday I spend like yesterday, the tazmanian devil, I have to let my back recover for 3 days. All or nothin' baby!

Let us clink our glasses to NOT sticking to the kitchen floor in our bare tootsies!

S9

Archived